Thread: Sat nav question

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Sat nav question

So I picked up my GS today!

Awful weather but love the bike.

Anyway my question is it has come with the nav 5 and my bike will be stored on the driveway as no garage etc. Shall I leave the nav on the bike? Or remover it? If I remove it do I need to cover the cradle from the rain etc?
    Thanks in advance

if by north wales you mean Liverpool then yes

Err I leave mine in the odd time, but if it was permanently stored there, then take it off, just use the blanking plate.

Thanks for the reply,

Problem is it doesn't seem to have come with the blanking plate :/

Did you buy it locally or by a dealer, if a dealer, ring them and say, oh you seem to have missed this, when can I pick one up

OR this is the part number I think 65908524463 (for LC 1200gs)

Cheers for the part number,

Will give the dealer a ring tuesday when there open again.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_456 View Post
    Cheers for the part number,

Will give the dealer a ring tuesday when there open again.
    That suggests to me that it's Chester Motorrad, ('cos they're shut Mondays)
    I did exactly the same thing only a few weeks ago. When my bike came supplied with a new Nav V, the sat nav was already mounted on the locking rig. It was only later I discovered that there was no blanking plate. I went in and asked and was told that they aren't supplied with one. Hmmm
    Anyway, Steve (who's on this forum), reached into his drawer, pulled one out (not a new one, but as good as), and gave it to me.
    Either way, they're available on the Bay for about £6

It's ok found the blanking plate was in the paniers ��