Thread: Garmin 345LM map corrupt. Help!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Garmin 345LM map corrupt. Help!

Hi all. Am currently in southern Germany on our tour of the alps. My Garmin 345LM has stopped working with the error messages -

Cannot unlock maps

Maps are corrupt and cannot be used.

This is causing me a lot of heartache as I had a lot of out destinations programmed into it.
    I've asked at a couple of the hotels we have stopped in if I could borrow their PC to update the satnav but nobody has been interested. Any ideas of the best place to get to a PC to update the map?
    If not has anybody bought a BMW Nav 5 from a foreign dealer?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Thats sounds a real pain.

Have you tried a re set? If that does nothing then getting online might help if you can access your Garmin account to re install the maps. It usually works if you can plug your device in and use Garmin Express.

One thought I had was to try the nearest Louis branch, when I lived in Austria the guys in the local branch were very helpful and keen to use their English. https://www.louis.eu/service/filialen will find the nearest to you. Or the local BMW dealer might help.

Buying another device will solve it too but costs a lot! I bought my 390 when I lived in Austria, no problem at all. You just have to be carefull with those models that don't have all of Europe. Buy one like that in the UK and you don't get eastern Europe, buy one in Germany and you might find you don't get UK mapping

Good luck

John
    Still misbehaving.

First i would suggest that if your maps are on an sd card, take it out and see if that helps as you may still have maps on in the machines on board memmory, ensure that if you have they are ticked under my maps.
    Failing this to get you out of the dodo you could go to one of the many tourist information offices there are and see if they have free internet,some do.
    Alternatively get a very cheap Garmin car one and cobble it to the bike and use that.

places with free internet
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All sorted now. Emailed Oliver at Motorrad Zentrum Freiburg and he said they could sort me out. 1 hours ride, 2 hours updating the Zumo and on our way again.
    Big thanks to Oliver and his colleague Marco. Gentlemen of the highest order.
    Also thanks to everybody on here who helped with suggestions.

Ciderdrinker.

All over.