Goretex jacket and trousers

lloyd_456

Reaction score
Any recommendations for new goretex jacket and trousers? Currently got RST but thinking of upgrading now got new bike hahq

Not Goretex, but my Dainese D Dry jacket and trousers have served me well for the last 5 years. I wash them through with Tech wash a couple of times each year and treat the outer with re-proofing spray.

What type of Goretex Suit do you want?

I have an Alpinestars Excursion setup which also has zipper vents that you can open for airflow during warm weather. Although its Goretex and stops you getting wet, the outer fabric can get very wet and holds water. Increasing weight and water saturation makes it colder.

I have an Alpinestars Pro-Goretex suit with Armacor for Winter use. No zipper vents and the fabric is water repellent so it keeps you dry and doesn't soak up water. These suits are expensive but ideal for cold heavy rain weather.

I have an Alpinestars El-Nino one piece emergency coverall rain suit for occasional use. Although not Goretex, it'll keep you dry from occasional showers and stows easy into a carry pouch.

I would recommend getting your size sorted for a manufacturer (they mostly differ) and buy your kit second hand off eBay.

I got my hardly worn (like brand new) Alpinestars Pro-Gortex suit for £350 when it should have been £1200. Absolute bargain as the guy was kitted out with top notch kit but gave up riding.

What budget do you have to spend?

Normally I would heartily recommend Klim

Mine has been brilliant for 4 and a half years but turned to shit on Monday

I will however delay my piss boiling ranting about it until the outcome of the warranty claim

It may still be very good kit .......

Normally I would heartily recommend Klim

Mine has been brilliant for 4 and a half years but turned to shit on Monday

I will however delay my piss boiling ranting about it until the outcome of the warranty claim

It may still be very good kit .......

Please dont delay your rant. Treat yesterday's thread as nothing more than a warm up and start a new thread - very very angry, boiling over with rage, seething at the ruined biking holiday etc etc. Just assume the warranty claim will be rejected - probably on the basis of riding in the wrong kind of rain (SNP rain - vile and impossible to defeat). Come on, get the day off to a cracking start ;)

Will do some shopping next couple weeks goin 3 day Scotland trip this weekend hope my RST kit doesn't leak haha

I think Klim is overpriced for the quality you get. My Traverse pants although waterproof have not lasted well.

I've just bought a Revit Horizon suit which is a Goretex copy so much cheaper. Rode from Cambridge to Holland in an absolute down pour and arrived dry as a bone....

If you have a little more cash the Dane kit looks really worth a look!

Pete

I think Klim is overpriced for the quality you get. My Traverse pants although waterproof have not lasted well.

I've just bought a Revit Horizon suit which is a Goretex copy so much cheaper. Rode from Cambridge to Holland in an absolute down pour and arrived dry as a bone....

Pete

I cannot comment on the quality of Klims stuff now but my now lewaking Badlands suit is ( appart from the leaks) superb it is nearly 5 years old and has worn well and looks in top order

Revit Poseidon............. Best kit I've had, and I've owned Rukka in the past.

Plus one for Revit , the goretex 2 pieces zip together well ... definitely totally waterproof... well designed ventilation etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete

I am on my second set of Dane kit, the first (Gore-Tex Performance Shell) lasted about 50,000 miles and is still usable (not leaking) but getting somewhat tatty. I now have the same type of kit but the Pro-Shell (Osted Jacket and Lyngby Air trousers) - I did get a killer deal on the jacket as it was end of line, but it is really nice kit and they (Dane UK and Motoport NL) are very helpful. I found the knee armour was too low for me so they sent the trousers back to Holland and they moved the armour pockets for me, no problems at all and now they fit great. Great service ! Also they do special sizes for fat, short or lanky people :D

Back
Top Bottom