Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Total Kit failure ......

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Total Kit failure ......

2 days riding in heavy ( very heavy) rain in Scotland and everything with Gore Tex has failed !

Klim Baulands pro jacket and trousers. The jacket leak was fairly moderate but the rousers left me sitting in water inside them. 4 years old but at that money should last longer so lets see how the lifetime warranty works out.

Klim Gloves The bonding let go so i couldn't get my hands into them so had to use thin summer gloves

This is the second pair that have done this ...... ABW were brilliant with the last pair so heres hoping on these.

Sidi Adventure Gore boots have been totally brilliant until this trip these are 3 years old now but the failure was total on the right boot and moderate on the left again it will be interesting to see how the warranty claim stacks up as again at the price 3 years use is not enough

On the upside the Ducati was faultless over 1400 miles !
    Just a Prospect at the moment

That's a bugger

I'm off for a tour to Scotland in October - hope my Rev-It / Daytona kit works

Total Kit failure ......

Have you used heated grips with GTX gloves?

My Rukka Virium gloves have delaminated while away in Italy last year. GTX gloves in 32°c is a no no. However these did get absolutely drenched in Belgium, France and Germany.

My Rukka suit had done same. Jacket was leaking at the bend in the elbow and main zip/storm flap was making my belly soaking wet.

Troosers we leaking in the crotch.

My Daytona Roadstar GTX boots have been faultless in the leak department but had to be sent back to Germany to replace two bits of velcro. At the end they replaced all four sets. Great customer service in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All the best.....

EV

Forgot to mention. It is not recommended to use heated grips with GTX gloves. As it axelerates moisture intake and will damage your gloves.

All the best.....

EV

Quote Originally Posted by EVskij View Post
    Have you used heated grips with GTX gloves?

My Rukka Virium gloves have delaminated while away in Italy last year. GTX gloves in 32°c is a no no. However these did get absolutely drenched in Belgium, France and Germany.

My Rukka suit had done same. Jacket was leaking at the bend in the elbow and main zip/storm flap was making my belly soaking wet.

Troosers we leaking in the crotch.

My Daytona Roadstar GTX boots have been faultless in the leak department but had to be sent back to Germany to replace two bits of velcro. At the end they replaced all four sets. Great customer service in my book.

Never needed the heated grips in those gloves so in short no !

It is the Gore bond thats has failed not the water proof. effectively the lining comes out of the glove with your hand and pretty impossible to get them back on without spending ages buggering about only for it to happen again at the next petrol station / fag stop/ coffee stop
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    Never needed the heated grips in those gloves so in short no !

It is the Gore bond thats has failed not the water proof. effectively the lining comes out of the glove with your hand and pretty impossible to get them back on without spending ages buggering about only for it to happen again at the next petrol station / fag stop/ coffee stop
    Yes same Failure as my Rukka Virium. Prolonged exposure to water and heat from your hands does cause this. Even quicker if one does use heated grips.

All the best.....

EV

Rev-It do a Gore-Tex glove designed for use with heated grips, I've got a pair on order

EDIT: Revit Borealis http://www.getgeared.co.uk/revit-bor...70-18200103490

University of St.Helens Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It's frustrating that high end motorcycle products such as these let water in.

Regarding trousers, a sure way to avoid sitting in a puddle is to use a pair from this company.
    I used to commute year round in a similar pair, plus Derry boots and a waxed jacket.
    Not ideal trousers for the bike in hot weather but they keep water out.
    They also don't have pockets and look rather unstylish.

Oh, and they're about thirty/forty quid.

http://www.guycotten.co.uk/shop/inde...in_page=fabric
    Some people are more violently opposed to fur than leather,
    because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hopefully you'll have the same experience I had Rick; my four year old Klim trousers developed a leak around the crotch. I dealt with Gortex direct and they couldn't have been easier to deal with. Fully repaired and back to being totally waterproof.

My Badlands is still 100% waterproof but it's only a couple of years old so lets see how it goes.....

My Sidi Adventures must be 8 or 9 years old now and have had serious abuse as my everyday boot, light trail riding when I can't be arsed with my MX boots along with a couple of trips to N Africa and all over Europe. They are still in one piece and still 100% waterproof ~ amazing boots and some so it sounds like you've been unlucky?

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

You should have worn your corporate leathers you'd have got no wetter

Wetter than a mackerel's bathing costume. That's the technical term to use when describing the sopping state of your undercrackers to the suit manufacturer. Copious uses of the words: rip-off, cnuts, premium priced product, small claims court, my mate says, fire (death by), sale of goods act, international warranty and "I'll tell the whole fecking world" also come in handy; it's the only language they understand.

Quote Originally Posted by g00ner View Post
    That's a bugger

I'm off for a tour to Scotland in October - hope my Rev-It / Daytona kit works
    I've used Rev It for years and never leaked a drop.On my 3rd jacket now.

Had mates with Rukka and Klim and both leaked on one trip.

Goretex is a stupid idea for motorcycle clothing.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

My pics

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    Without reasons - that's just the usual trolling
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    As is newspaper, unless used in extremis as a winter insulator, in which case it is excellent and cheap, too.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    As is newspaper, unless used in extremis as a winter insulator, in which case it is excellent and cheap, too.
    Yes but the fish and chips should still be consumed within 4 minutes to minimise heat loss.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast