Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 18

Thread: Spoked wheels

  1. #1

    Spoked wheels

    My Street Bob Special has horrid alloy wheels.

    Any suggestions for spoked wheels without dropping a couple of grand?
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

    My pics

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Rob Farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Loughborough
    Posts
    15,376
    ouch!

    Fair comment!

    Actually I quite like them.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
    ouch!

    Fair comment!

    Actually I quite like them.
    Wanna buy a pair?
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

    My pics

  4. #4
    Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe twizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clarity
    Posts
    13,988
    Try - Zodiac .. seem to remember they are a few hundred a wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Spirit View Post
    I think you may need some therapy poppet.


    Elizabeth.

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Doris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Deep in the Forest amongst the little people..
    Posts
    11,134
    Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    My Street Bob Special has horrid alloy wheels.

    Any suggestions for spoked wheels without dropping a couple of grand?
    What's a standard Harley wheel ? £4/500 ?
    Att's Fan Club- Old C**t - Senile Member.

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe AndyB_11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Huntingdonshire
    Posts
    7,933
    Buy a set of spoked wheels and use them for as long as you keep the bike then change back to originals when you sell it and sell the spoked ones separately. If you keep the bike 3 years it'll cost you a couple of quid per week to have something you prefer.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    Buy a set of spoked wheels and use them for as long as you keep the bike then change back to originals when you sell it and sell the spoked ones separately. If you keep the bike 3 years it'll cost you a couple of quid per week to have something you prefer.
    Good plan, but it means having loads of scruffy bikers coming to my home. We have certain standards to maintain.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

    My pics

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe snelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    N.E.D. England
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
    ouch!

    Fair comment!

    Actually I quite like them.

    You can tell me to fuck off; but I think those wheels look good. I would go with tubeless every time.

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Doris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Deep in the Forest amongst the little people..
    Posts
    11,134
    Quote Originally Posted by snelly View Post
    You can tell me to fuck off; but I think those wheels look good. I would go with tubeless every time.
    Yup.........
    Att's Fan Club- Old C**t - Senile Member.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Smogbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    1,052
    Stay with tubeless, if you get a puncture with spokes wheels, not easy to fix on the side of the road, also spokes on harley wheels means a ton of cleaning otherwise nice and rusty.

  11. #11
    Plenty of spoked wheels for tubelesss about.

    I love cleaning motorcycles
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

    My pics

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Smogbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    Plenty of spoked wheels for tubelesss about.

    I love cleaning motorcycles
    Ok for the cleaning, but make sure you got a RAC number for the punctures, ask me how I know coming from many years riding Harleys.

  13. #13
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe AndyB_11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Huntingdonshire
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    Good plan, but it means having loads of scruffy bikers coming to my home. We have certain standards to maintain.
    I'll deal with the scruffy bikers for a 10% cut

  14. #14
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe AndyB_11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Huntingdonshire
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Stay with tubeless, if you get a puncture with spokes wheels, not easy to fix on the side of the road, also spokes on harley wheels means a ton of cleaning otherwise nice and rusty.
    With the speeds he's going to be doing he can run Tubliss or mousses and not worry about it

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    With the speeds he's going to be doing he can run Tubliss or mousses and not worry about it
    Not too far from the truth.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

    My pics

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Ok for the cleaning, but make sure you got a RAC number for the punctures, ask me how I know coming from many years riding Harleys.
    But no issue if the wheels don't require tubes presumably.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

    My pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •