Spoked wheels

stolzy

Reaction score
My Street Bob Special has horrid alloy wheels.

Any suggestions for spoked wheels without dropping a couple of grand?

ouch!

Fair comment!

Actually I quite like them.

66780.jpg

Try - Zodiac .. seem to remember they are a few hundred a wheel

Buy a set of spoked wheels and use them for as long as you keep the bike then change back to originals when you sell it and sell the spoked ones separately. If you keep the bike 3 years it'll cost you a couple of quid per week to have something you prefer.

Buy a set of spoked wheels and use them for as long as you keep the bike then change back to originals when you sell it and sell the spoked ones separately. If you keep the bike 3 years it'll cost you a couple of quid per week to have something you prefer.
Good plan, but it means having loads of scruffy bikers coming to my home. We have certain standards to maintain.:D

Stay with tubeless, if you get a puncture with spokes wheels, not easy to fix on the side of the road, also spokes on harley wheels means a ton of cleaning otherwise nice and rusty.

Plenty of spoked wheels for tubelesss about.

I love cleaning motorcycles;)

Stay with tubeless, if you get a puncture with spokes wheels, not easy to fix on the side of the road, also spokes on harley wheels means a ton of cleaning otherwise nice and rusty.

With the speeds he's going to be doing he can run Tubliss or mousses and not worry about it :hide

Ok for the cleaning, but make sure you got a RAC number for the punctures, ask me how I know coming from many years riding Harleys.
But no issue if the wheels don't require tubes presumably.

There is now available a conversion kit to allow tubeless fit to spoked wheels; a friend is recommissioning his Africa Twin and has just done it. ISTR it cost about £120 for a pair of wheels and consisted of sealing bungs for the spoke ends, a layer of tape to keep these in place, then a second layer to seal it all. Worked well for him ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 98

Back
Top Bottom