Problems creating a route within the device

I have just read the opening post again and it assurance that the device could not create a route from A (Gloucester) to B (Taunton) via 11 intermediate viapoints. I managed it from within my device (see post above) so something must be amiss somewhere. Let's see if we can work out where:

Hubcap, can you tell us please how precisely, stage by stage, did you enter the target locations?

For example, did you start, as I did, with A (Gloucester) to B (Taunton) and then insert each of the 11 viapoints in?

Or did you go A (Gloucester) to viapoint 1, then added viapoint 2.... and so on until you had the 11 viapoints in place and then put in B (Taunton)?

How did you select the 11 points? Did you do as I did and tap on the map at the spot you wanted the electronic pin of the viapoint to fall or did you use some other method? If so, what, precisely?

What happens if you follow the same method as I used in the post above?
k
Wapping, thanks for taking the time to do the above. TBH, I cannot remember the precise method or point I entered, but I will have a go at replicating it. From memory I used google maps to scope the route then entered by tapping on map in the device. When one is new to a device it's more difficult to remember what one did, because one is still learning the options. I'll try to do this this weekend ( I work silly hours during the week)
Thanks again

k
Wapping, thanks for taking the time to do the above. TBH, I cannot remember the precise method or point I entered, but I will have a go at replicating it. From memory I used google maps to scope the route then entered by tapping on map in the device. When one is new to a device it's more difficult to remember what one did, because one is still learning the options. I'll try to do this this weekend ( I work silly hours during the week)
Thanks again
PS one thought... How about approaching the problem from the other direction? I.e. What conditions are necessary for the device to respond with Cannot calculate Route? Just a thought.

If creating a route using the satnav, i would hazzard a guess that maybe with reference to not being able to calculate a route, one or more of your points were not on a road or a navigable point on the map, this is an easy thing to do unless you are zoomed right in, just a thought.

#21 #22

I read your post to suggest that you created your route by tapping on the device's screen at the start point, then tapped on the next road you wanted to take, then the next, then the next.... and so on... until the end point. I think, as Lee suggests, somewhere there was a point (or points) placed well off a road or in a position that it was impossible to reach as dictated by the terms of your preference settings.

Back
Top Bottom