GS Alarm Problems

Thanks Andi.

I have some doubts the module was compatible, but the dealer insist it was. I think the keyless element may have something to do with it too. The bike is always connected to an Optimate in the garage - could this be a potential cause?

According to Real OEM BMW the part number for the alarm for the r9t and the 2016/17 model onwards r1200 gs models is the same ie 77538554348, so possibly a duff unit, it is fitted wrongly or the sensitivity needs to be set up .........tell the dealer to fix or replace it .

A switched off alarm is neither use nor ornament

P.S if you check that part number it appears that it can be retrofit back as far as 2010 (on a number of models ) and there are about 6 superceded part numbers listed against it , so I cannot see why even an alarm carrying the earlier part number would not be compatible with the bike

It could be losing its power feed. Not 100% sure how it works on the GS, but every other alarm I have had fitted to vehicles with a battery back up, will alarm if the power is disconnected and not in service or ferry mode. If the alarm is pre 2016 (old stock). It may not be compatible with the current GS CAN BUS system.

Thanks all.

The part number was checked and double checked. The unit was sealed. They charged for fitting, so no reason not to pop back.Bougjt the bike and a load of extras, so happy to oblige.

I suppose I was questioning the dealer because I have keyless and a fob with a 'button', but they advised the button was not applicable to this alarm - it's just the auto set as referred.

For fear of stating the obvious. Have you gone into settings on your bike and looked at the options? Check your manual. It will have a chapter on the alarm.

I do think that the fact you are charging it whilst alarm is on is possibly why it is going off in your garage.

If it is the same system as fitted by the factory then it should work with your fob however I would imagine the mechanics would have to pair it with your fob after installation. Maybe they don't know??

Well, was at the dealer for some other bits and they checked and rebooted the alarm, since when it has operated flawlessly. Even fine with optimate attached. Strange, but see how it goes.

Well, was at the dealer for some other bits and they checked and rebooted the alarm, since when it has operated flawlessly. Even fine with optimate attached. Strange, but see how it goes.

They should have done that ages ago for you, but cheers for the update.

Burnsey!
Hello mate
Just joined the GS club after some scrotes stole my superduke then chucked it in the pond....

Burnsey!
Hello mate
Just joined the GS club after some scrotes stole my superduke then chucked it in the pond....

Good thing about the GS, is you can rescue it from the pond and it still works :D

Glad to be seeing old pals here - my new (revisited) hobby is now in full force and I’m really enjoying it (again).

Ha! Well I'm hoping I won't have to find out!! Extra locks, alarm and ground anchor installed in my garage.

The Rallye looks and despite its stated aims I'm sure is as close to the perfect street bike as it gets.

Really impressed with my GS TE, will do me for the winter for sure. I'm actually thinking that come next spring I'll be so fond of it I'll probably just keep it....depends how immature I'm feeling at that point

Back
Top Bottom