Thread: lowering seat

lowering seat

is there anyway of lowering the standard seat without having to pay silly prices for these low comfort seats. I'm a short ass and even with 29 inch leg cant get both feet on the ground ive already taken 40mm of foam out of the standard seat and yes I have it in the low setting
    cheers
    david

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If I was you I would just cough up the 350 quid for a seat like this and you will be mega happy. Part no 77 34 7 708 878

image posting sites

Man on the seat has a 29inch inside leg.

would love to test one out before I splash that amount of money out .....if anyone near Doncaster has one of these seats on there bike and would let me have a seat on it drop us a message

looks good are both seats heated?

Quote Originally Posted by ddtwelve View Post
    looks good are both seats heated?
    It is the same seat in both pictures and yes heated.

well rung bmw up with the part no and they say its just a comfort seat not lowered and at £497 gulp

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Just Get a lowered front seat from BMW I Have a 29in leg and it worked very well I just sold one from my old bike . !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddtwelve View Post
    well rung bmw up with the part no and they say its just a comfort seat not lowered and at £497 gulp
    Maybe they changed the seat, this is a picture from a few years ago, and if you look here it says heated, maybe I am seeing wrong.

http://www.douglasparkparts.co.uk/pr...08-878-R1200RT

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...07%20708%20878

i tried the "comfort" seat as shown in the photos, and it is indeed lower, but... you cannot move around on the seat and i ended up with thigh/knee pain because of this. the seat essentially "fixes" you in one seating position

Might be worth trying boots with thicker soles. I recently bought a pair of Altberg boots. They have soles with much deeper tread, making them thicker and do make it easier to reach the ground. The Altberg boots are very well made and comfortable too!

Hugh Janus Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Why not ask Tony Archer (http://tonyarcher.co.uk/) to remodel your current seat, element can be reused and much much cheaper than a BMW one.

well I received a comfort seat from a friendly man off fb bmw.
    fitted it today and can honestly say its the same height as my old seat with the foam out. will see if it any better when riding