Nav V power off

I assume you are running the Optimate to the battery via one of the bike's factory fitted auxiliary plugs? If so, some Optimtes need to be re-programmed to cater for the bike's electrical system seeing the charger as a device that needs to be allowed access to the full electrical system, leaving all the bike's circuitry open.

Instructions on how to re-programme an Optimate are available on the Optimate website. It's very easy to do.

Alternatively, wire the Optimate direct to the battery, via a suitably fused flying lead. That way the Optimate will charge the battery from completely outside of the bike's electrical system.

Alternatively, wire the Optimate direct to the battery, via a suitably fused flying lead. That way the Optimate will charge the battery from completely outside of the bike's electrical system.[/QUOTE]

Im using an Optimate 6 which is the latest one I believe. It is wired directly to the battery via the leads that came with it.

I'm happy enough that the unit now turns off with the ignition which it seems to now do without any problem once the optimate is out of the loop. It was charging the bike when I fitted the 4 button cradle which threw me off course as I wasn't aware it would interfere with the system. The Nav doesn't stay on the bike when it's at home anyway so the charger shouldn't cause me any more hassle..... Thanks all for your input and advice though. All taken on board and hopefully this might help someone else out.

Back
Top Bottom