Ariel Square Four bobber

I don't care that someone built that abortion in the 70's probably under the influence of drugs they really need to be tracked down and punished

Keep it from Bob (Voyager) ffs! He'll have a fit!

Too late - I've seen the Ad :blast.

With my Ariel Owners' Club (and ex-Square Four Owner) hat on . . . There is the making of a good restoration there. The frame and oil tank are later than the motor (as it says) but the running gear is there. A set of Ariel forks, a wheel and a tank (good luck finding one of those that wasn't made in India) and the rest is detail.

When you see what a fully restored 'Square' will fetch these days the price isn't unrealistic.

If I didn't have four restoration projects on the go already . . . . .

Bob.

Positive as always Robert! When are you going to be in for a cuppa? See how those restorations are doing. :drool

Or you could always build something like these

Attachments

• healey 2.jpg
    healey 2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 572
  • healey 1000.jpg
    healey 1000.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 571
Positive as always Robert! When are you going to be in for a cuppa? See how those restorations are doing. :drool

Peter,

I'm around most days. The 'restorations' are moving slowly, I had a crate of bits powder coated recently and other bits are being prepared .

I now have an up-market TIG Welder :drool.

I may get the Ariel 'VH' tank repaired once I've had some practice, its a different technique to the MIG!

The Beemers are going for MOT in a few days time so attention is on them (just ordered a front tyre for the '100').

Give me a call and drop in, we seem to have a good collection of biscuits :augie.

Bob.

Or you could always build something like these

Ooooo, Nice.

There are some lovely Swing-Arm Square Fours in the Ariel Owners' Club. Some have Featherbed frames but most use extended Huntmaster frames or similar. They look so natural I walk past them and then think "Hang on a minute . . . " :D.

When I had a Square Four I had a plan to make a Swing Arm version, but life got in the way (I moved from Somerset to Scotland and had to sell all the bikes :blast).

DSCN7470_zpsot493rt2.jpg

DSCN6038_zpszgo8virr.jpg

Bob.

Back
Top Bottom