Rukka Orivesi suit.

Best bet is to check the Rukka site and get their actual name for it.
They deliberately change the name in the UK to try and prevent eu online purchases so Tranam are not havin to deal with stuff not bought through them. (And increasing their bank balance)
The Tranam guys are great btw - resolved a few issues with mine without question after the uk dealer decided to be total wankers.

It is a rebranded Pajaine Suit with an addition of two pockets on a jacket. Other than that it is same in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only just came across this thread. I have the Orivesi jacket - a quick look on line confirms it is not a Paijanne although I could only find that jacket on a Polish website. It is also called the Roughroad.
The overall finish is great; typical Rukka quality. After a long ride in the rain the outer layer does get very wet and takes a while to dry out - this is true of all jackets with a removable waterproof liner. I've stayed perfectly dry and the Outlast does a good job of regulating temperature. That said, with the liner in it is a very warm jacket for the summer months. When I wen to Austria I had a couple of rides in the low thirties. With all the vents open and the side vents undone, along with the cuffs fully open to allow some airflow up the arms and around the wrists, and unzipped a bit at the neck I was very warm but not unbearable so. That said, I run a bit hot anyway, being a little chunkier than I once was. I haven't yet used the neck warmer but that zips on in anger, but it was comfortable when fitted and wearing a helmet. The neoprene neckline on the main jacket also seals well. The one outside waterproof pocket is useful for the key fob (I ride a keyless GS) and of course there are waterproof internal pockets in the liner. The fit is generous and I find it very comfortable to ride in. The straps to tighten the arms are a bit superfluous for me, but if you have thin arms they might be useful. The waist adjustment helps to get a snug fit as well. The cuffs have a wide range of adjustment so there is no problem if you wear you gloves in or out. One issue I did find is that the main zip has a shallow fit at the bottom, and if you're not careful and also forget to use the press stud tab to close up the zip can come undone from the bottom; not good at 80+ on the autobahn! I always take car now to ensure the zip is properly fastened. The Jacket and liner both have zips for attaching to trousers and these also work with Halvarssons trousers so my Prince trousers are not redundant. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know Bazman.

Thanks Guys, appreciate that, could get a suit for a very good price, but after a lot more looking into i'll probably be heading towards the armaxis.

Thanks Guys, appreciate that, could get a suit for a very good price, but after a lot more looking into i'll probably be heading towards the armaxis.

I had armaxis. It has a cut that does not suit Adventure riders. I.e. Sleeves veer way to short for me. Navigator works nicely.

I had armaxis. It has a cut that does not suit Adventure riders. I.e. Sleeves veer way to short for me. Navigator works nicely.

Thanks EVskij, not good then, I also ride a fjr1300 blood bike, hence the need for a good bit of kit. Navigator looks promising also. Tries the Armaxion on last week but shop never had any other styles.

Look into Dane gear, bazman. I'm 99.9% likely to get a pair of Lyngby trousers to replace my leaky Klim Latitude's, once Gore have refunded me.

D.

Look into Dane gear, bazman. I'm 99.9% likely to get a pair of Lyngby trousers to replace my leaky Klim Latitude's, once Gore have refunded me.

D.

They're also on my radar cheers, too many to choose from nowadays!!
My old hein gerike cruise gortex may get resurrected as a short term fix, the new hein gerike gear is not as good imo since they've went with layers ( sheltex).

Be careful with the Navigatorr on the GS
The cut isn’t their Adventure style it’s suited mostly to road.
There’s a huge gap on the joining zip and the aero on the GS causes a nasty draft even with winglets.
Fuck knows why they leave such a massive gap - it’s hip bone to hip bone!
The Outlast makes it even worse.
I’ve resorted to using a Decathlon down instead at lower temps just like their latest top line suit. (The one that’s been on their site for over a year but Tranam have only just decided to bring in FFs!)
Also watch out for leg length and size with your boots as they are very slim and for some reason they have decided to have the adjuster fold OVER they waterproof zip instead of being separated like on the sleeves.

Be careful with the Navigatorr on the GS
The cut isn’t their Adventure style it’s suited mostly to road.
There’s a huge gap on the joining zip and the aero on the GS causes a nasty draft even with winglets.
Fuck knows why they leave such a massive gap - it’s hip bone to hip bone!
The Outlast makes it even worse.
I’ve resorted to using a Decathlon down instead at lower temps just like their latest top line suit. (The one that’s been on their site for over a year but Tranam have only just decided to bring in FFs!)
Also watch out for leg length and size with your boots as they are very slim and for some reason they have decided to have the adjuster fold OVER they waterproof zip instead of being separated like on the sleeves.

Thanks , bloody minefield !! Just put my old goretex hein gerike into wash with Nikwax reproofer, and see how waterproof it really is

Just bought the Lyngby trousers bazman, so if they get here before you buy something, I'll let you know what I think.

Bought them from Get Geared, as they price matched Sports Bike Shop, and they have easier returns via the Post Office - SBS use a UPS drop off point I think it is which is less handy for me...

cheers

D.

Also, if your old HG suit is leaking, Gore might reward you with a replacement - after all Gore-tex is guaranteed to keep you dry, for the lifetime of the product. They've been brilliant with my Klim warranty claim. Just as well as Klim apparently never received the web form I filled in to start the warranty claim in the first place.

Gore have been brilliant (Sabina handled my case).

Worth a try.

D.

Also, if your old HG suit is leaking, Gore might reward you with a replacement - after all Gore-tex is guaranteed to keep you dry, for the lifetime of the product. They've been brilliant with my Klim warranty claim. Just as well as Klim apparently never received the web form I filled in to start the warranty claim in the first place.

Gore have been brilliant (Sabina handled my case).

Worth a try.

D.

Excellent news D, never even thought of Gore lifetime warranty, thinking back when I was in France a couple years back it failed , but could have been due to my ineptitude with fastners and zips after toll booths .. :rolleyes:

Hi I have the Orvesi jacket not trousers as i could not get in short leg, xpilot is spot on. good jacket, good pockets for summer riding on a tour. inner works well.

but yes zip is annoying not as good as you would expect on an expensive jacket. quite a big jacket so flaps a bit at high speeds.

Just to revisit this thread, has anyone else tried this or the roughroad suit. I have just bought the jacket, which I'm happy with, but need a pointer on the trouser sizing. My other Rukka trousers are a size 52, but some of the reviews I have seen say to order a smaller size.

Baz, If your currant trousers are E52, then the ORIVESI E52 would be the ones to go for. You have to allow room for the dry liners when sizing. I have them in stock in either Grey or Orange.

Paddy, you should have replied to my reply, as I have a few ORIVESI C1 trousers

Jenks

Thanks for the response. I have the Black Roughroad jacket, so would be looking at the black trousers to match. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom