Where Does it Go?

fink

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. Kind of new here but have been around for a few years.

Purchased a 53 plate 1150rt a few weeks ago to use on my commute to work and thoroughly enjoying her on the Highland roads.

Popped the filler cap today whilst checking a new key and noticed a puddle of water sitting around the filler neck . Does anyone know where the breather/overflow goes to or what route it takes, haven't seen any clear diagrams. Not really wanting to take Tupperware off at present due to a lack of space.

I tried a bit of harness wire but it only goes in a cm or so, I have a compressor but no access at present.

Cheers in advance

Look underneath the bike and you should see two rubber tubes, one of which is the filler drain. I'd hesitate to use compressed air as you could dislodge it inside the tank, try a length of strimmer cord instead, but be gentle with your probing :green gri

The other rubber pipe is the fuel overflow outlet, but on a GS they look identical.

the rubber tube goes onto a metal curl and this is where they can block over the years, as the aged one says prod gently or compressed air at low pressure, or try soaking with wd40 first.

Cheers folks, will give it a go when I can get it in the shed.

Back
Top Bottom