garmin support - feeback

botus

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Simplified layers on a £700 device is unacceptable. Please push for this to be updated on later software editions as soon as possible. Petrol Stations and maybe Parking YES, the rest NO, unless a user decides temporarily they need to find one of the other POI. It is actually very dangerous to have lots of unnecessary rubbish littering the screen as a user has to spend far longer with eyes off the road to understand the relevant/important information from the clutter.

Please let me know who thinks the speed read out is a valuable bit of data? It’s just puerile rubbish for 3 years old’s to boast about in the school playground. Its not something a company aspiring to be the best in class should be considering, please push for changes when you update the display to put the Tyre temp read outs on there.

All BMW, Mercedes and most other TPMS sensors transmit both Tyre temp and Tyre pressure data. It’s a std part of the BMW Kombi display (they just choose to hide it for no good reason). It can be displayed with a single tick box in BMW software. The vehicle CAN bus system is fully aware of these readings and your device could choose to display them.

Picture of the old 2007 bikes with tyre temp read out turned on, attached.
RDC T (German for tyre pressure sensor) T for temperature, RDC P is the Pressure read out

I guess you meant to send that list of thoughts to Garmin? If so, try again as you seem to have sent them to us at UKGSer.com

Where were your other 8 posts meant to go?

Btw, I think speed readout on a satnav is way more important than tyre temp., and pressure needs only show by exception

No, I meant you guys to read the response back top Garmin after they basically said we don't care we make average products for top dollar prices

please put it back where I posted it

Personally, I prefer to have a speed readout to tyre temp - which I think is just not needed and the bike can display the pressure. As for POI's, just turn them off. As for Having rubbish littering the screen, it doesn't matter if your using audible instructions.
Perhaps you need to spend some time learning to use the unit and set it up correctly.
Lastly, who pays £700 for a sat nav :blast.

I am just embarrassed to admit it took me nearly 10 years of Garmin ownership (and multiple devices) to finally kick them into touch, They truly don't hold a candle to suitable smartphone and a few good apps.

An actual speed display is useful,

a top speed display is no use to anyone unless your are tuning your FS1E and want to see what it does, but if you put a garmin 6 on a FS1E the added wind resistance would take off 3mph and the weight about 5mph....

tyre temp is very useful, could / should to be linked to a speed warning. And is a major safety aid on long / high speed / heavily laden run

here's their response to my post above

"Too many points of interest appearing on the map while routing can slow down the device and be distracting as you said so for better performance and safety that feature was simplified so that less would show up. As far as I know that feature will not be changed with a future software update to allow for individual categories to be displayed. In very rare cases in the past I have seen with enough requests from enough customers that a feature be added back so if you know others that would like to see this back then have them let us know so they can be accounted.

Many people find many uses for the speed read out. I also support the Virb Action Cameras which has allowed me to watched numerous videos from customers of their rides and one of the things people find the most interesting statistically speaking is the speed.

I have notated your request for the tire temp to be added as well. "

I think tht Garmin's response is reasonable. Not sure that I see anything there to be upset about

And it s at least in readable sentences & english

Back
Top Bottom