A ring a ting ting .....

I'll get some gaitors think, if they don't look right they'll take 10 seconds with a blade to remove! :D

Nobody wants my little MZ :( so if you want to go ring a ding dinging (and promise to keep to 50mph) I'm up for it :thumb2

I should have it on the road by the end of this week with a bit of luck. Pop down on your smoker next time you're about ;)

Lovely looking bike and apart from old fluid it looks in fair shape

Its very decent, the chrome has faired well but isn't perfect, the headlight bowl being the least lovely. The front brakes were absolutely shot. I actually did 70mph on the bike with ditch water in the front brake system, and it stopped ok!
It's having a full calliper rebuild, replacement master cylinder (as the bore is really corroded) and new pads.

The only other casualty is the R/H inner silencer which had perforated coursing (from within) along it's lower seam. I've managed to locate a genuine Suzuki one in the same condition as the others which is on it's way to me, hopefully be here tomorrow.

I've ordered some scotch brite wheels so I can refinish the forks back to a consistent finish as they're all patchy at the moment.

Other than that I just need to clean the chain and she's ready to go!!

jammy git ! :)

I always hankered for a 750 tripple, my mate had one when i was younger, sounded brilliant.

(and you can always drop a bit of Castrol R in, for when you really want a nostalgia blast :) )

Very nice; a good find. Gaiters for me; very unusual to here of a 2 stroke exhaust rotting from the inside. Enjoy.:beerjug:

Can you still get the Piper 3 into 1 exhaust?

I have no idea?

If it's a keeper I may pack up the original exhausts in the loft and fit a set of 3 into 3 Higgspeed exhausts ......

1-1-1495786657.JPG

I have no idea?

If it's a keeper I may pack up the original exhausts in the loft and fit a set of 3 into 3 Higgspeed exhausts ......

1-1-1495786657.JPG

The 3 into one pipers , look good , sound glorious, but strangle the power; the Higgs crackle, scream like a banshee, and work well. My mate has a set on his kettle.

I have no idea?

1-1-1495786657.JPG

The 3 into one pipers , look good , sound glorious, but strangle the power; the Higgs crackle,and scream like a banshee, and work well. My mate has a set on his kettle.

Well, I got her all back together and tip top this morning.

Rode her down for an MOT and out into the Kent countryside for a ride out. It is absolutely faultless, runs perfectly and pulls cleanly.

Sadly (for me) I don't think it's going to be a keeper for me, I wish I absolutely loved it but I think I like what it is rather than how much I enjoy riding it :(

So I've decided to move it on, somebody is going to get an awesome bike!

Untitled by tunneruk, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom