Conti road attack 3 fitted and dealer fitted mod for forks at same time

Why are you all talking about Trail Attacks, this thread is about the new ROAD Attacks? :blast

Scrubbing in modern tyres is overrrated.

As some one who has see 3 people ending on there arse in the last 3 years within 100 years of setting with new tyres on I'd disagree with that. One of them was a brand new S1000rr not nice.

As some one who has see 3 people ending on there arse in the last 3 years within 100 years of setting with new tyres on I'd disagree with that. One of them was a brand new S1000rr not nice.

most don't even use a release substance.

So if its so important, what is the correct standardised procedure? There isn't one.

most don't even use a release substance.

So if its so important, what is the correct standardised procedure? There isn't one.

In these days of the insurance companies dictating how we run our lives, we must obey their rules or forego the legal safety net they provide.There does not need to be a standardised procedure, it will come from each manafacturer for their own tyres. If you ignore advice by a tyre fitter (or manafacturer) you may be voiding your insurance cover.
Don't be the one to break the blame chain, the fitter has to (legally) tell you to take care, if it can be proven that you didn't, you're on your own.
The insurances companies are way ahead of you, it is their job after all.

https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/riding-advice-and-guides/how-to-run-in-new-motorbike-tyres/

In these days of the insurance companies dictating how we run our lives, we must obey their rules or forego the legal safety net they provide.There does not need to be a standardised procedure, it will come from each manafacturer for their own tyres. If you ignore advice by a tyre fitter (or manafacturer) you may be voiding your insurance cover.
Don't be the one to break the blame chain, the fitter has to (legally) tell you to take care, if it can be proven that you didn't, you're on your own.
The insurances companies are way ahead of you, it is their job after all.

https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/riding-advice-and-guides/how-to-run-in-new-motorbike-tyres/

Can you legally define take it easy?

I can't, would you bet with your insurance company that they can't ?

I would bet that they couldn't prove or disprove what the fitter/receptionist/other random at the garage said. I also do not believe that it has a basis in law to take it easy.

If there was a legal requirement from the manufacturer this would be clearly set out and not subjective.

It would also have to be proven that the advice if lawful wasn't being followed.

How do the participants at the IOM TT scrub in their tyres ?

One "on bike video" I saw, shows the rider taking it easy for the first 5 minutes or so, but his "taking it easy" was hammering down Bray Hill and beyond at what must have been over 100mph with the familiar TT bike lean angles.

How do the participants at the IOM TT scrub in their tyres ?

One "on bike video" I saw, shows the rider taking it easy for the first 5 minutes or so, but his "taking it easy" was hammering down Bray Hill and beyond at what must have been over 100mph with the familiar TT bike lean angles.

There's your answer then - race tyres! All you need now is a racing licence, a team and a sponsor and you can laugh at us mere mortals who have to be wary of newly fitted tyres. ;)

Can anyone get the Road 3 for the GS yet as just got back from Spain and the front is shot after 1200 miles , rear okay but not long.
Trail 2 brilliant tyres but need more ...... anyone run them yet as read the tread but seems not avaible yet.

Went out today! And it rained again lol
Great tyres done 75 miles on them but they feel great ! Feel like I have confidence in them already no it's or buts if that makes sense

The original Road Attack was great but went suddenly crap when it squared off.
Trail Attack 2 lasted 4000 on back with front about 1/2 worn. Back would have lasted better but I've done a lot of motorways and duals.

Ordered mine 2 1/2 weeks ago and still no response from my dealer? Why the short supply, is it because there's been a rush on orders?

The noise from the original Anakee 3's was driving me up the wall. The Conti's Road Attack 3's got rid of that straight away. Great tyres, wet or dry. I did 300 mils fully loaded this weekend and cant fault them. £250 fitted. I'm new to the GS stable, I had a multi strada before this. Its night and day, just love this bike. I've been ripping up my mates for riding an old man's bikes for years, but I am fully converted now. Get the Contis.

Back
Top Bottom