Conti road attack 3 fitted and dealer fitted mod for forks at same time

Chunkstar

Reaction score
Bloody rained on way home so will update my thoughts on tyres later when dry I hope.
But as it was wet and since new didn't push but feeling I say has improved I swear I had more feeling already from them than the anakee 3 also harshness of uneven road surfaces seems to have been less.

Dealer did recall stuff to bike even though when I got there I was told they would just look see if it needed it !as low stock I guess it did .

Anything and everything is better than Anakee 3’s! :D

Who did you get them from and how much? I’m going to go to those next time.:thumb2

Normal a different feeling Conti road attacks are pure road tyres with different grooves, Anakkee 3,s will at least let you go a little off road into the mud if needed, but I did say a little not for rallying.

I've been running them for about 2k now. Most during a 5 day trip around Scotland. Absolutely love them. Great feedback. Track very well. Turn in and hold the line. Brilliant in the wet. Nothing but positive things to say about them. I paid £270 fitted and was also given a tank bag but don't think it's for the GS. Straps don't seem long enough.

I've just had a pair fitted to the 1290 today. The ride home in the pissing rain was fun!

Had the new road attack 3s on my KTM for a euro tour. Superb tyres and fantastic in the wet. They dont really need scrubbing in either. The tyres are not smooth and covered in release agent like most others. Go have a read of the reviews, this from Bennets;
'Also notable was the finish of the tyres – despite being new they all looked, at glance, as though they had been pre-scrubbed for the test. Cue ‘Traction Skin’ technology – the tyre is finished with a “micro-rough” tread surface which gives the appearance of a used tyre, and replaces the slippery looking (and feeling) surface of a traditional tyre that is caused by the use of release agents during manufacture. The result of this new process is to “virtually” eliminate the need to scrub in the tyre which, in my mind, is an unquestionable bonus for us consumers and genuine progress in Conti’s product development. '

Hmm pissing rain tyres not scrubbed in, would not fancy that :beerjug:

Continental claim that these are already scrubbed in, and that you can ride as normal from day one. Judging by the way the bike handled on the 100 mile ride home, I'm inclined to believe them.:thumb

A mate swears by Tourance next tyres on his GS. Reckons they are the best tyre available

ha ha everyone to his own, and off depends where you Ride, for me Road only, unless I am lost big time :( so I can only see Road tyres improving my ride.

Had a proper spank on these today, and can safely say they're the best road tyre I've had. Awesome grip, wet and dry. I am legend!:p

Well I have Anakee Wilds on the 1200GS and they give good grip to ......70... err....ish on wet motorways though noise is a lot more than road tyres. Meanwhile I purchased a 2016 AT with a squared off rear tyre that's very squirilly in the wet but it seems they as yet, have small choice on roadish tyres at the moment so I had a look at reviews and selected the Trail Attacks.

This said from reviews the Trail attack seems to be semi off road too despite it looking like a road tyre but your better off making an opinion yourself by having a read up on them.It just seemed looking at the original post, a wide price difference from the same manufacturer for two different brands.

http://www.conti-bike.co.uk/cycleworld-test-the-contitrailattack-2/

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/tires/conti/trail-attack2.php

Well I have Anakee Wilds on the 1200GS and they give good grip to ......70... err....ish on wet motorways though noise is a lot more than road tyres. Meanwhile I purchased a 2016 AT with a squared off rear tyre that's very squirilly in the wet but it seems they as yet, have small choice on roadish tyres at the moment so I had a look at reviews and selected the Trail Attacks.

This said from reviews the Trail attack seems to be semi off road too despite it looking like a road tyre but your better off making an opinion yourself by having a read up on them.It just seemed looking at the original post, a wide price difference from the same manufacturer for two different brands.

http://www.conti-bike.co.uk/cycleworld-test-the-contitrailattack-2/

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/tires/conti/trail-attack2.php

Yep had a good read of that cheers, just looking at options when I need to change the Anakee 3,s as I like the fact that you can do a little light offroad also with the Conti,s which is handy here in the Black Forest, sometimes you get a little lost.

Back
Top Bottom