New Africa Twin DCT

I left mine as it came and only recently have I upped the rear preload by 7 clicks. Handles like it's on rails with the Conti TA2's fitted.

I left mine as it came and only recently have I upped the rear preload by 7 clicks. Handles like it's on rails with the Conti TA2's fitted.

I had mine set up properly at BN race science, ive known Brian for 40 years+ he used to ride for Honda with Jim moody, he was impressed with the AT and the tyres....go figure, i dont ride off road so went for a road setting, he made loads of changes and kept tweaking until it was all set up for me, the preload is literally all the way up along with everything else he did. Transformed the feel and road handling, im well happy.

Done a couple of hour's this morning on the AT first proper ride! Bloody quick! in s3 it feels quicker than my GSA but s2 is perfect for normal riding with enough punch to overtake when needed, i played in manual with the finger shifts great fun untill you get into slow moving traffic then you need to be in drive or any of the sports modes. i couldn't change the sports modes on the move! am i doing something wrong? The forks dive a bit if you hit the front brake with any force and my big size 11 are hiting the exhaust cover with my heal. Im 6ft and didnt notice to much buffeting with the oem screen which im surprised at after reading the reviews. ive ordered the batzan screen adjusters anyway! Overall i like the dct engine so far its great fun.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Done a couple of hour's this morning on the AT first proper ride! Bloody quick! in s3 it feels quicker than my GSA but s2 is perfect for normal riding with enough punch to overtake when needed, i played in manual with the finger shifts great fun untill you get into slow moving traffic then you need to be in drive or any of the sports modes. i couldn't change the sports modes on the move! am i doing something wrong? The forks dive a bit if you hit the front brake with any force and my big size 11 are hiting the exhaust cover with my heal. Im 6ft and didnt notice to much buffeting with the oem screen which im surprised at after reading the reviews. ive ordered the batzan screen adjusters anyway! Overall i like the dct engine so far its great fun.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
You need to have a closed throttle then you can change into s123 or d on the move no problem

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm in that torture zone at the moment waiting for farkles to arrive.

So far fitted

- Black Fork Covers
- Motografix Tank Pad
- Oxford Touring Hotgrips
- Removed Pillion Pegs, Fork Reflectors, Foot Peg Rubbers
- Constand Paddock Stand

Now awaiting delivery for

- Altrider Crash Bars, Uppers, Lowers, Reinforcement
- Altrider Skid Plate, Extended Skid Plate (on Backorder, no date)
- Altrider Brake Extender and Riser (on Backorder, no date)
- Barkbusters with Storm Guard
- Camel Adv Foot Peg Shield
- Spare Brake Foot Lever
- Metzeler Karoo 3 tyres

That lot is going to be a long day as full exhaust system has to be taken off to fit the brackets for Foot Peg Shield. :comfort

Also, good job I'm not in a hurry as could be waiting a while for some of the bits.

Went out on my new dct today for the first time and I really enjoyed it, thought it would be a fair step down from my GS LC, but it really isn't.. The road conditions today where wet and full of autumn leaves but it felt very sure footed and engaging, even with the stock tyres that everyone slates.. Had it in sports mode 3 all day with traction in either 1 or 2.. Didn't feel much less powerful than the BM, if any..

Attachments

• IMG_20171014_145057-1664x1248.jpg
    IMG_20171014_145057-1664x1248.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 277
Went out on my new dct today for the first time and I really enjoyed it, thought it would be a fair step down from my GS LC, but it really isn't.. The road conditions today where wet and full of autumn leaves but it felt very sure footed and engaging, even with the stock tyres that everyone slates.. Had it in sports mode 3 all day with traction in either 1 or 2.. Didn't feel much less powerful than the BM, if any..

see you got the best colour:D Mode S3 with paddles is a scream, its a brilliant bike, Ive not looked at my GS since i bought it..not selling it though;)

Was out yesterday on my HAT DCT with my mates on GSA, Multistrada, FJR1300 and V-Strom. Spirited ride and my DCT held its own really well.

Nothing wrong with the standard tyres, I got good performance and no worries.

They all seemed very impressed with the Africa Twin, and so was I.

However, when I got back on my GSA Triple Black a couple of days ago it felt like a magic carpet, low wind buffetting, all my toys to hand. Not getting rid of my GSA either.

But the HAT is bloody good fun. No regrets on the DCT either.

Back
Top Bottom