New Africa Twin DCT

Still not sure how I've ended up with 2 ! But I have and they're both dct . Had to go down to Dobles to pick it up and not sure if I've pick the right colour but definitely happy with the deal .Added the extra year of Honda warranty so now have 3 years with AA cover and full European cover too . Not that I'm expecting to use it .20170929_163645.jpg

Will swap over the screen and center stand tomorrow and put holan sport pannier racks on along with some decent bark buster storm guards . Happy days

Still not sure how I've ended up with 2 ! But I have and they're both dct . Had to go down to Dobles to pick it up and not sure if I've pick the right colour but definitely happy with the deal .Added the extra year of Honda warranty so now have 3 years with AA cover and full European cover too . Not that I'm expecting to use it .View attachment 353171

Will swap over the screen and center stand tomorrow and put holan sport pannier racks on along with some decent bark buster storm guards . Happy days

that looks fab! mine comes on thursday. i really like the Red and white and glad i chose it now, i also got the 3yr cover, no brainer for £300

that looks fab! mine comes on thursday. i really like the Red and white and glad i chose it now, i also got the 3yr cover, no brainer for £300

Indeed each year I spend £70 on European cover so the extra years warranty cost is really only £100. And it's all transferable if you were to sell early. The red is very shiny especially next to the Matt black one. I've not had a brand new bike since 1990 . Its nice to have something untouched by a bodger or ham fisted bugger like myself. Enjoy yours there is nothing out there like a Africa twin dct . It's quite unique.

Indeed each year I spend £70 on European cover so the extra years warranty cost is really only £100. And it's all transferable if you were to sell early. The red is very shiny especially next to the Matt black one. I've not had a brand new bike since 1990 . Its nice to have something untouched by a bodger or ham fisted bugger like myself. Enjoy yours there is nothing out there like a Africa twin dct . It's quite unique.

What are you doing with the black one now ?

What are you doing with the black one now ?

It's up for sale at the moment but I will have to amend the advert after I've taken a couple of bits off it. I'll probably end up putting it in my mates shop soon as he needs some stock and I need the space for sure.

If your changing the screen be very careful not to let the little grommet bolts at the bottom get pushed through into the fairing like I just have. Looks like a whole lot of work to retrieve it .
IMG_2165.JPG

I prefer the black ones and may have them re covered With different foam. The black seats with 4000 miles are more comfortable for sure .
I'm certainly enjoying having a brand new bike I've only had 3 new bikes the last one was in 1990 and only had that a week and the other one was a fantic trial bike so not one the road.
Today I'm going to be taking the fairing off to find the little grommet bolt and get the screen on along with pannier frames and hand guards.
Fitting the center stand was as simple as it gets. Excellent engineering means you just slot the stand into place fir a c clip . Fit the spring arm which just locates on a spigot then fit both springs (which needs a bit of muscle ) .job done (all moving parts need to be greased)

Luggage

Finally got my Honda luggage set last week. Dropped in at JB on my way home from Cambridge, and noticed two DCT AT's outside awaiting collection, complete with luggage. Went in and said "I hope mine is ready, if you are fitting to bikes ordered after mine." After a fifteen minute wait, the panniers were on. Top box delivered to my house a day later.
Now for the first service this Friday, followed by Alt Rider lower bars and SW Motech centre stand. I hear that Honda centre stands are in short supply?

DCT gearbox modes

Well, Drive seems to be a waste of time, as it changes up to top very quickly. Thus makes turning in to T junctions a bit jerky, as it changes up once or even twice mid-turn. I'm using Sport 1 or Sport 2 most of the time. I have eight miles of country lanes and 40 or 30 limits before hitting the A14, where I need acceleration on the slip roads. Otherwise, very happy so far.

If your changing the screen be very careful not to let the little grommet bolts at the bottom get pushed through into the fairing like I just have. Looks like a whole lot of work to retrieve it .
View attachment 353296

You don't need to take the bottom screws out fully, just slacken and slide up (or down, can't remember right now) to come out with the screen. :rob

You don't need to take the bottom screws out fully, just slacken and slide up (or down, can't remember right now) to come out with the screen. :rob

Now you tell me ! :blast

I'll remember that. I've just had the fairing off and center panel to retrieve the grommet. I was slightly nervous of cracking a panel but amazingly I didn't snap or bend a panel and it's quicker and more straightforward than I thought

Back
Top Bottom