New Africa Twin DCT

Tallmarkb59

Reaction score
Just sold my R1150GS, having taken advantage of the John Banks Honda pcp deal. Collected from Bury St Edmunds on Friday afternoon, and had a short ride yesterday as well. Impressed with the DCT, and have left the sports mode set at level 1 while running in to the first service at 600 miles. I found that level 2 left me running in a higher gear than I would expect at 30 to 50 mph, otherwise good.
Anyone else with an AT in the Debenham, Stowmarket area?

Picked mine up yesterday, it's now covered 400 miles, great bike

Have you thought about the heed bars from Poland like these. They're very strong as have 4 points of contact where they bolt to the bike
IMG_2097.JPG

I guess you are having your 600 mile service done locally to you then. Booked mine in for October 6th at John Banks, then hopefully off to get AltRider crash bars fitted straight after.

I bought mine from Vertu Honda in Nottingham, planning on having it serviced locally.

If the bike is dropped on the DCT side of the engine, will the bars save the black cover which looks like it sits a little lower?

If the bike is dropped on the DCT side of the engine, will the bars save the black cover which looks like it sits a little lower?

It doesn't go down as far as the alt rider ones but have 4 mount points instead of 3 and look stronger . I was intending to use a bumot bash plate with them to protect the exhausts and the sump but never got that far. I'm not keen on the look of the alt rider ones and don't like the top and bottom sections being bolted together rather than welded.

Have you thought about the heed bars from Poland like these. They're very strong as have 4 points of contact where they bolt to the bike
View attachment 352260

Yes, I looked at Heed, Givi, SW Motech, Touratech and AltRider, plus a couple that I can't remember. I liked the AltRider YouTube demo and impressed by their attention to detail. Oh, and the UK importer is not far from me.
I have the Matt ballistic black DCT, and will probably go for black or silver.

Like the look of the bunker version of the Heeds but already have the Bumot bash plate and think they will interfere

Are those Bumot pannier racks? Random question. As the Bumot panniers fit the GSA racks, would the GSA aluminium panniers fit onto an Africa Twin with those racks?

Just sold my R1150GS, having taken advantage of the John Banks Honda pcp deal. Collected from Bury St Edmunds on Friday afternoon

How were said car/bike dealer like to deal with? As I was massively underwhelmed by their attitude when I popped into look at a AT on a quiet Sunday. Granted I was with my daughter but that doesn't mean I'm not a potential customer..... There was no one in the shop but I felt like I'd disturbed the salesman from something more important such as his Facebook updates....

How were said car/bike dealer like to deal with? As I was massively underwhelmed by their attitude when I popped into look at a AT on a quiet Sunday. Granted I was with my daughter but that doesn't mean I'm not a potential customer..... There was no one in the shop but I felt like I'd disturbed the salesman from something more important such as his Facebook updates....

Well after my initial attempt and then success at contacting John Banks, I called them again on the Saturday. They said they would call back to discuss all the details later, or on the Monday regarding what add on's I wanted bla bla bla. That was last Saturday... As I felt on initial contact..they are not the dealer that I would get along with. ...Glad I managed to get the same deal offered closer to home by 2 different dealers now. .mmm dobles or chiswick......If I go ahead after test

Well after my initial attempt and then success at contacting John Banks, I called them again on the Saturday. They said they would call back to discuss all the details later, or on the Monday regarding what add on's I wanted bla bla bla. That was last Saturday... As I felt on initial contact..they are not the dealer that I would get along with. ...Glad I managed to get the same deal offered closer to home by 2 different dealers now. .mmm dobles or chiswick......If I go ahead after test

So when is the test ride? The weekends weather is looking ideal for it..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom