ACF-50

Dust and dirt is gonna stick like the proverbial to a very sticky blanket....

Waaaay too much
That's exactly what i was thinking.

The first GS i bought was totally covered in something called "Duck Oil" or something close to that. The previous owner store by it. But to me it was a mess. And i mean it was absolutely everywhere. Took me about a year to get the stuff off!

The bike looks great and if you can afford to spray a litre of the stuff on - keep spraying it on as its definitely working.

All these treatments are fine on bare metal but they don't work as well on painted finishes not least because flaking paint stops the anti corrosion oil getting to the metal.
Hexhead engine cover cover is a case in point.

Do you spray the AFC on and don't wash the bike till spring or does it stay on for a couple of washes

Mine stays on for a whole year ; I never wash the bike until it’s time for winter storage , when it’ll be cleaned like new and recoated, liberally. One spray can , heated in a bowl of very hot water , is more that enough . Disks are covered,rear wheel removed and applied to wheels with a cloth. Every other piece of metal is sprayed.
Be aware that my bike sees very little water, and no salt cos I choose to only ride in good weather, except where caught out . It looks FILTHY though cos ACF50 attracts dirt.

I'm not really sure I see the point in using ACF50 if you don't ride in the wet?

I ride my GS Rallye daily and my 2010 TC before that. Up to a few weeks ago I had never used the stuff. When I sold my TC with 20,000 miles it was absolutely mint and corrosion free.

A few weeks ago I bought a can of AFC50, heated it up and applied it to my bike. I painted it on the wheels with a brush. All looked lovely and shiny until I rode it. On a dry road it still came home covered in crap. I like my bike to look shiny and clean it every week so I won't be rushing to use it again. I am fortunate that we don't get salt applied to our roads in the winter so that obviously helps.

I have always used Muc Off bike spray after washing and drying it which disperses water, gives the bike a nice (dry) finish that does not attract dirt I will stick (see what I did there) to that in future.

I'm not knocking AFC50. But it's not for me.

I'm not really sure I see the point in using ACF50 if you don't ride in the wet?

I ride my GS Rallye daily and my 2010 TC before that. Up to a few weeks ago I had never used the stuff. When I sold my TC with 20,000 miles it was absolutely mint and corrosion free.

A few weeks ago I bought a can of AFC50, heated it up and applied it to my bike. I painted it on the wheels with a brush. All looked lovely and shiny until I rode it. On a dry road it still came home covered in crap. I like my bike to look shiny and clean it every week so I won't be rushing to use it again. I am fortunate that we don't get salt applied to our roads in the winter so that obviously helps.

I have always used Muc Off bike spray after washing and drying it which disperses water, gives the bike a nice (dry) finish that does not attract dirt I will stick (see what I did there) to that in future.

I'm not knocking AFC50. But it's not for me.

Muck off is the seed of the devil ! Vile crap at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my bike the front cover rotted most badly from under the alternator belt cover. The very worst area was high up where winter salt will never get to.
The engine top was also a mess. But that will be exposed to salt spray.

ACF-50 is great on bare metal. But with the paint covering the metal or worse the corroded clag it's pretty much useless.

If either of you two could bloody read you would see that I was NOT talking about the pink cleaner! I am referring to the afterwash spray but hey don't let the detail get in the way of a good slagging.

If either of you two could bloody read you would see that I was NOT talking about the pink cleaner! I am referring to the afterwash spray but hey don't let the detail get in the way of a good slagging.

Yup and dont let the truth get in the way of a good rant at peeps who think its crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleep with one eye open Del. I have a certain set of skills......... one of them is the liberal application of Muck Off. Be afraid. Be very afraid :aidan

My uncle used to ride a Frances Barnett on TVO. Every week he whipped off the cylinder and soaked it in caustic soda overnight to clean out the carbon and clag.

His pal did the same thing with a BSA Bantam and woke up to a clean cylinder sleeve in a bucket of mush.

Aluminium and caustic don't mix. An alkali cleaner will soon find any pinholes in that nice clean paint.

Back
Top Bottom