ACF-50

newman7096

Reaction score
Did the whole bike today. Used the whole litre of ACF-50. 2009 with no rust and going to keep it that way.IMG_0709.JPGIMG_0704.JPGIMG_0706.JPGIMG_0702.JPGIMG_0701.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha... it's not gonna look that clean for long. And if it does you might as well not have bothered as the bike's stayed in your garage

Just keep a load of GT85 in the garage....... it's a good bit cheaper.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I've still got half left in my litre (actually it's in quarts, whatever they are) bottle that I bought about 5 years ago - use an old spray gun & compressor gives the best coverage with minimal waste.

Well covered! It's quite difficult to spay without a compressor or air gun ( on my wish list). Used an old spray bottle and heated it up. I'll top it up when the road salt arrives. ��

I normally only use around 50ml through a fine spray gun.

We have 3 bikes, they all get a good dose of ACF-50 in spring and again in the Autumn, with the odd little quick spray after a good wash in the areas that get the worst of grime, do the odd bike for mates....

... and a 1L bottle has lasted me a couple of years, I reckon you can do a thorough job and get at least 20 applications from a 1L bottle, using a whole bottle in one go is like me drinking 50 pints, total waste of money as the job is done after the first 5.

We have 3 bikes, they all get a good dose of ACF-50 in spring and again in the Autumn, with the odd little quick spray after a good wash in the areas that get the worst of grime, do the odd bike for mates....

... and a 1L bottle has lasted me a couple of years, I reckon you can do a thorough job and get at least 20 applications from a 1L bottle, using a whole bottle in one go is like me drinking 50 pints, total waste of money as the job is done after the first 5.

Got my eye on an ALDI compressor and air gun to spay it more efficiently.

Great deal, I have just ordered a new compressor and paid a fair bit more (but it is a nice compact thingy that fits into my garage cupboard) after my "old" (only about 3 years old) unit decided to pack up last week.

I gave away an Aldi 1700 watt compressor because it was just not powerful enough. Even a little die grinder would leave in panting. The latest one claims 262 Lpm (9CFM) but does not say at what pressure. You need 6bar at that sort of flow to usefully drive a hand tool.

Do you spray the AFC on and don't wash the bike till spring or does it stay on for a couple of washes

You can leave it on and it will do its job without touching it however I'm an obsessive cleaner so I cover the bike so it's gets into the nucks and crannies and wash it normally every 5 days. I may wash off some of the acf-50 in the process but the bits you can't reach will always be protected. I think I'd go wibble if I left mine until spring. Can't leave it alone! When the road salt arrives I'll just top up with a wipe over after a wash.

Back
Top Bottom