Another convert

Called into my local orange dealer this morning. The bikes are still more enticing than the BMWs that Ocean are pushing out on end of season deals.
Not so sure about the side cases though. Even the big adventure looked like mobile luggage with that lot attached.

Called into my local orange dealer this morning. The bikes are still more enticing than the BMWs that Ocean are pushing out on end of season deals.
Not so sure about the side cases though. Even the big adventure looked like mobile luggage with that lot attached.

Just buy a set of frames and use waterproof soft luggage if you don't like the standard boxes. I'm using the hard panniers for my current jolly because I can minimise the amount of crap I need to carry to a hotel room and know that the rest is relatively secure on the bike but for bike rallies etc soft panniers would be my choice and take them into the tent with me.

I have the huge KTM Branded Givi Trekker Outback cases - you can forget filtering, but remember the Kitchen Sink. The quality is fairly good, better than the SW Motech Trax I had before. The rails are a bit ugly, but I cannot see them when riding the bike so don't really care - they would probably double up as rear crash bars in the event of a small drop.

I can get enough for a short weekend trip in the top box, and for longer weekends I use a cheapo (£50) Oxford roll bag across the passenger seat (The pannier rails make strapping it on really easy.

For longer trips and with the Mrs following along the large panniers (37L / 48L) are great and allows us to save out top boxes for stashing our helmets when we stop / wander off.

I get enough for a solo weekend in Europe into the KTM topbox but I do use an Enduristan Sandstorm tankbag for clutter like spare visor, tickets, visor cleaner etc that I might want in a hurry but don't want in my pockets.

I think my Touratech KTM branded panniers are somewhere around 37 & 45l but they're miles better than the KTM breadbins the bike came with just because they're top loading and I can use Kriega KS40 pannier bags with them.

I think my Touratech KTM branded panniers are somewhere around 37 & 45l but they're miles better than the KTM breadbins the bike came with just because they're top loading and I can use Kriega KS40 pannier bags with them.

The SW Motech Trax inner bags (37L / 45L) work a treat as well - and they are a lot cheaper than the Givi ones last time I looked.

it would also seem Italian Litres are bigger than German Litres as putting the 37L Trax bag in the 37L Givi pannier leaves a small gap all the way around which is perfect as it means when the bag is stuffed full it still goes in the pannier without a fight. The 45L bag in the 48L pannier leaves a bit more room, but is handy as you can chuck a few bits and pieces in the bottom of the pannier before throwing the bag in (room for a decent U-Lock or Chain or a few tools)

Nice bike! Like the black top box - just need a black front mudguard to match :green gri

I'm coming around .

Can you tell me where you got the upper fork decals, or were they on already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're in the PowerParts catalogue ;)

I have the full set of OEM Adv cases on the GSA. The KTM cases look twice the size. I would probably look at Givi stuff its always (usually) well made.

My brother uses Givi Trekkers and finds them great but I prefer the whole overlander look so went for the KTM/Touratech jobbies - they work well!

Back
Top Bottom