Unusual battery draining.

By the way, does anyone know or has a good experience with Vines of Guildford? Are they reliable and at least customer-centred (and by that, I mean, just not arrogant, dismissive and patronising), in one dealership I even spotted staff commenting and laughing on two occasions, just after customers had gone over the automated doors, so I imagine that could also happen to me or anyone else. And they even didn't bother that other clients were inside and could overhear it.

I wouldn't mind start going to Vines, even if I have to do (quite) a few more miles...Surrey is a beautiful county anyway, so a ride there now and then would be nice. :)

Thanks,
JB
I've dealt with Vines for bikes and cars over many years, and I've found them to be pretty good, though not everyone will agree. Ask for Dave Hodgson in the Motorrad sales section: he's a straightforward guy, ex-Navy CPO, a keen off-road rider and he's always looked after me well.

I've dealt with Vines for bikes and cars over many years, and I've found them to be pretty good, though not everyone will agree. Ask for Dave Hodgson in the Motorrad sales section: he's a straightforward guy, ex-Navy CPO, a keen off-road rider and he's always looked after me well.

Many thanks Tomcat, I will certainly do that next time, not happy with the current one anyway so, I have nothing to lose.

AS I said AAngus, I only took the bike there on Wednesday and yesterday I took it for a ride as well, so need to wait now until Friday EOD to start the bike again. Will then know whether it was the tracker, but motoscot were happy and told me there was no current draw. Now it's a waiting game...
Will let everyone know how it panned out, Friday after lunch! Fingers crossed, I know hope it was the tracker (though the BMW dealership garage never did a single test without it). Even better, they wanted £274.50 just to disconnect the tracker and test the current draw. I don't mind paying for a service, but that is a rip-off, clearly, especially after having the bike serviced there and having been charged £70 to fit a new front tyre.

Hi everyone,

Some news, on the back if your question AberdeenAngus! Now 4 days, without riding it (last Wednesday when I went to motoscot) or running it idle for 15 minutes (last Thursday)...couldn't resist going to the garage and try starting the bike...still starts, without a hitch. Turned it off immediately, now will go there on Friday, or before if I am unable to resist, again! Booked a trip for Tuesday, October 3rd to Santander on the ferry from Portsmouth so please, it must work, and I need it to have been the tracker, please, please! :banghead:

Hi everyone,

Some news, on the back if your question AberdeenAngus! Now 4 days, without riding it (last Wednesday when I went to motoscot) or running it idle for 15 minutes (last Thursday)...couldn't resist going to the garage and try starting the bike...still starts, without a hitch. Turned it off immediately, now will go there on Friday, or before if I am unable to resist, again! Booked a trip for Tuesday, October 3rd to Santander on the ferry from Portsmouth so please, it must work, and I need it to have been the tracker, please, please! :banghead:

If you will be riding it everday for a few hours, you will have no problem with the battery, but in case grab yourself one of these below, it might just save your holiday.

http://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/microstart-jump-starter/microstart-sport.html

Good news. Sounds like you've sorted it.
But stop starting it and then turning it off straight away. Its not good for it.

For peace of mind those back-up starter batteries, like Smogbob is recommending, are fantastic.

But stop starting it and then turning it off straight away. Its not good for it.

For peace of mind those back-up starter batteries, like Smogbob is recommending, are fantastic.

Yep think he needs one, and I know this will kick off again, but if he keeps starting his AGM battery he will eventually kill it, so he should get a Lithium battery, at least it gets stronger the more times you start to turn it over. :hide

Yes, I know it's not but this was a once in a week start, I am not doing it everyday. I just wanted to gauge at what what point the problem was, if it had just gone dead after 4 days like last time. Now I will only start (I have a ride) it on Friday and, if it starts I will have confirmation that the problem was with the tracker, if it doesn't it's back to square 1.

Battery monitor & alert included

Hi guys, Biketrac tracker & low voltage alert.
It's costly but I have 2 @ £99 each per year & they take minimal power to run.

Alerts come by text & email & anything moves they are on the phone to you instantly..

IPhone & android apps simple to use, can disable for servicing/maintenance or for transportation.

I'm pretty sure BMW dealers are authorised fitters but there are other agents spread around the country.

Attachments

• IMG_5098.jpg
    IMG_5098.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 190
Hi guys, Biketrac tracker & low voltage alert.
It's costly but I have 2 @ £99 each per year & they take minimal power to run.

Alerts come by text & email & anything moves they are on the phone to you instantly..

IPhone & android apps simple to use, can disable for servicing/maintenance or for transportation.

I'm pretty sure BMW dealers are authorised fitters but there are other agents spread around the country.

+1 on Biketrac

Back
Top Bottom