script>

script>

Then I found out why my choke did nothing when I tried to use it

script>

here is a photo of bike without beak with old oil pipe still attached

script>

script>

Got a bit more done this week.
Attached the new throttle / choke cable to the handlebars , fitted the battery tray , attached the heavy ABS block thingy and all the pipes and attached the battery to see if the all the lights come on
and they did sort of,
All but the headlights came on so I have to check that out.

script>

script>

script>

script>

script>

script>

We did have to feck about while trying to get the throttle cable connected,
I hope I didn't unplug the wires in the switch or something like that.

A question I was looking at drive shafts at a site that sells second hand drive shafts for a gs for a 100 euros,
they have 3 for a gs and one for an RT, will any of these fit on the GSA ?
My one needs to be replaced as it is worn,
Thanks

A question I was looking at drive shafts at a site that sells second hand drive shafts for a gs for a 100 euros,
they have 3 for a gs and one for an RT, will any of these fit on the GSA ?
My one needs to be replaced as it is worn,
Thanks

anybody know what I can do here as I'm looking at a new one which is 650 euros or something like that and a 100 euros looks tempting but will it fit ? :)
Thanks in advance

I have to find out if a GS cardon fits on to my GSA.
My car feckin broke cost a fortune to fix now i'm broke
But i see online a second hand cardon from a GS for 100euros and if it fits i'll get it and finally finish the bike and get riding again.

The GSA has a locating flat on the drive shaft spline which lines up with the equivalent on the UJ, it guarantees that everything goes back together properly in phase.
What's worn, universal joints can be serviced ?

The GSA has a locating flat on the drive shaft spline which lines up with the equivalent on the UJ, it guarantees that everything goes back together properly in phase.
What's worn, universal joints can be serviced ?

Oh its the final drive shaft , the small bit feels like it has a knick in it its not smooth like the other end.

Sounds like a well deserved pint or 3 :beer:

Hello there
its been a while but I managed to get some more done to the point of actually starting the bike.
I was a happy man it sounded ok but ofcourse I forgot one or two little things ...

script>

With the two of us me mate and meself
Added oil to engine, gear box and final drive.
Added oil to clutch and added oil and bled the brakes,
That was easy enough for the brakes used a compressor tool thingy to suck the oil through the system to get all the bubbles out

A big pity was me battery had died even though I charged it a few times over the last year and a half, last month after fully charging it we put it in the bike but this month is was stone cold dead.
feck
script>

Oh and another piss me off thing was the Petrol tank, when putting that back on and plugging in the pipes one of the feckin Plastic connector things broke,
Which means I have to go the the BMW shop again to get two new ones,
a couple of years ago the L shaped one broke and I replaced that but this time to my surprise the straight one broke, I mistakenly thought it was made of metal.

Now I did manage to forget to tighten the right hand side tensioner, could help but notice a shit load of oil squirting out on that side.
script>

Something else I forgot to buy was the nuts to hold on the exhaust, I reused the old ones for now but couldn't really tighten them in case they broke apart.
script>

Back
Top Bottom