Basecamp Nav6 map version levels

Jersey_GS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Myself and few work colleauges are on a trip to Caen this weekend from St Malo and I am the one creating the routes.
3 in total one there, one back and one as a circular route.

I am fairly experienced with Basecamp I have created many routes over the past few years for our trips.
I am by no means an expert but i get by with what works for me.

Usually what tends to happen is I carefully create the routes and check all shaping and waypoints.
I then send the GPX files for my mates to install.
Some cant be bothered or its too painfull so they drop in their device to me annd i install it for them.

I have never failed to import a route onto a device via Basecamp until today.

A friend brought in his Nav6 i transferred the three routes one transferred perfectly the other two were a complete mess.
There was a Basecamp message stating different map versions (nothing unusual as I've done this with different levels on 390's) causing the route to recalculate. 2018.1 on my PC Basecamp 2018.2 on the Nav6

I checked all the routing preferences for both all was set the same but i still could not load the two despite making changes to the preferences and vehicle modes.

The only way it worked was to drag the GPX file from my desk top to the Nav6 GPX folder and let the Nav6 import the data itself bypassing Basecamp completely.
This method worked fine albeit a little slower as it took a while for the Nav6 to calculate the routes.

I didn't have time to upgrade the map versions as it was all done at work.

Im left fairly puzzled as to why two routes were so badly affected and why bypassing Basecamp they were suddenly fine.

All routes were created similarly and yes i kept the "always match the route on the map of my device when transferring" ticked.

I have put the same routes on my 590 and a 550 without issues.

Why are you using BC to do the routes exports? Much easier, if you have succesfully exported the routes to your Nav6, is to transfer the routes to your mates' satnavs using the Bluetooth facility. You can then even do this at the meet-up point, as it is so quick.

Hhhmmmm didn't think of that, although i have tried and failed in the past trying to share routes via two 590's.

Thanks for the advice will keep that in mind in future.:thumb

Why are you using BC to do the routes exports? Much easier, if you have succesfully exported the routes to your Nav6, is to transfer the routes to your mates' satnavs using the Bluetooth facility. You can then even do this at the meet-up point, as it is so quick.

Great if it works but a bit of a problem if it doesn't. I think it is always best if possible to share routes beforehand. If the shared route is loaded into Basecamp or Mapsource first it is easy to check it. I make a copy of the original route and then recalculate that copy. Any changes because of differences in settings or map versions wll show up and can be corrected. This does assume that the computer maps are the same as the device maps!

John

Back
Top Bottom