How much.............?

Farmer Palmer

Reaction score
Just had a renewal quote from BMW

51 year old, riding twenty five years, never had a claim, no convictions, loyal customer, live in the middle of no-where with a big dog etc etc

2017 R Nine T Urban GS
2010 R1200GS Adventure
1985 K75C

8000 miles a year approx, always locked in a garage

Comprehensive cover

£700.................Time to shop around for a few quotes I think

FP.

Nah just pay it and when the bike is nicked by scootermates you can feel reassured that the Insurance company might pay out.

It seems that some on here are very content with bike theft resulting in high premiums.
:blast

Valid point that

Lost count of the number of local and tourers bikes nicked this summer in the Edinburgh area.

I suppose we all pay for someone else's misfortune but £700 I'm an old fart on a BMW FFS

Last year it was £400 and I thought that was dear!

FP.

Hi FP, I was quoted £1400 for my HP4 Carbon by BMW after I had had it 2 years it jumped up from around £700. I looked at MoneySupermarket.com and got exactly the same cover from Post Office (with exception of track days, which I don't do) for £400.

When my documents arrived they were from the same office, same signature and same cover as my BMW renewal. One had BMW badge on top of letter, other had Post Office. I phoned and asked what the story was and was told the only difference was the headed paper...........

My 2010 GSA £120 Fully Comp this year
2013 HP4 Carbon £220 Fully Comp

I'm 48, no points and a claim in 2012 for theft of GSA.

Search around my friend, there are deals out there.

JimmyMac

Have a look at eBike insurance. They smashed Principal's renewal figure, and the policy is with the same insurer. Turns out they only take £1 commission, unlike most of the other brokers.

Well I got sorted out with Carole Nash this morning. Got the cover I needed with protected no claims as well as insured excess and breakdown cover and saved a few hundred quid in the process.

Maybe I should do the same when I change my bike.

FP.

Chat to these guys https://www.bemoto.uk/

I dealt with Scott who was excellent, two GS with all mods declared and an agreed quotation for my Norton V4SS when it's ready.

Since then two mate have insured three bikes with them.

Very helpful and a can do attitude

Unfortunately, they couldn't quote me less than £1800 pa in London for a new AT.
Chat to these guys https://www.bemoto.uk/

I dealt with Scott who was excellent, two GS with all mods declared and an agreed quotation for my Norton V4SS when it's ready.

Since then two mate have insured three bikes with them.

Very helpful and a can do attitude

Back
Top Bottom