1150GS Adventure Additional Lights

Gab

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'd like to buy a pair of additional lights for my GSA and I only know Touratech and Wunderlich. Does anyone know other manufacturer that make good products to get as alternative?

I'd like something good for riding when it's very dark and also for foggy days, when the visibility is down to the bare minimum. What is better, LED or halogen?

Gab

Sit down with a beer and search away, it's been raised loads of times over the years as aftermarket lighting improves and changes.

��

Led is the way to go.

I got mine from 24x7.com (3600lm) for my old 1150gs., they were small and very effective, but not as good as my current ones which are significantly bigger. These came from sales1@juntu-auto.com and are awesome, but a standard light bar won't cut it, I had a bespoke light bar made which has been faultless thanks to my grumpy mate Vern :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 234
For my biking pal Mo and his 1150 GSA I got the JT-3400 from juntu-auto.com - five times the price of the same one bought directly from Guangdong Province on that auction site. Takes about a month to 6 weeks to get to you in the UK. But a great lamp that's superbly bright and consumes so few milliamps that a separate relay is not needed.

However, mounting a pair of them on our bikes requires 2 fork-tube-mounting clamps originally designed for a Hardly-DoesAnything and available in black or chrome-effect, to attach to our Telelever front forks. Sort out your own sturdy bracket interface between the clamps' holes and the lamps' bases. Mo's first attempt at an attachment bracket meant that the lamps fell off after 6 Km at 160 kph and bounced away down the asfalt - snapping the wiring in the process - duh.

https://s26.postimg.org/pmice9a2x/LED_Lamps_Fork_Clamps_for_6_euro.jpg

https://s26.postimg.org/szhe9how9/led-driving-light-jt-3400-01.jpg

AL in s.e. Spain

Back
Top Bottom