Iron Butt Association : Circuit of Ireland in 24 hours

Well done, I enjoyed reading down through that.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Very enjoyable...You make it seem easy but I bet it wasn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great writup. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

I also completed two IBA rides, but gave up more of them as most of the planned routes in the UK and Europe is on motorways and that gets to be very monotonous. On a GS, it is pretty much switching on cruise control and then pointing in the right direction.

This one seems to be a good challenge and an interesting one. Do post before you plan for your 2018 one :) :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not once but twice putting yourself through the mental discipline of a big ride, well done. Enjoyable write up
Steve

Cracking wrightup, quite inspiring.
To anyone thinking about something like this I say go for it but be ready to stop and find accommodation if you start to flag, don't be a hero.
Also in my experience don't plan anything for the next 3 or 4 days.
I did Menton ( a little town on the France - Italy border next to Monaco ) to leeds in 20 hours, didn't touch a motorway until Reims and most of the A1 was shut to night closures.
The ride was easy but I was crippled for the next 3 days.

Well done TomBoy,I was led to believe you had to crack the 1K mile barrier to get the accolade
But this shoots that out of the water.

Norrie

Cracking wrightup, quite inspiring.
To anyone thinking about something like this I say go for it but be ready to stop and find accommodation if you start to flag, don't be a hero.
Also in my experience don't plan anything for the next 3 or 4 days.
I did Menton ( a little town on the France - Italy border next to Monaco ) to leeds in 20 hours, didn't touch a motorway until Reims and most of the A1 was shut to night closures.
The ride was easy but I was crippled for the next 3 days.

Couldn’t agree more. I took a wee one man tent and sleeping bag just in case I got tired.

Sleepy and 2 wheels (or four) doesn’t work.

I did have a pretty lazy following day too :)

Back
Top Bottom