Thread: Very pretty bike for your conservatory

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Very pretty bike for your conservatory

Honda Dream 50 zero miles, only £7.5k, could make a nice little investment?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-...YAAOSwJIBZxBcG

Two wheels > 1974 Puch Maxi 2
    Four wheels > MX5 2.0 RF

How could you buy that and not ride it!

Disconnect the speedo drive...?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    How could you buy that and not ride it!
    Paul
    '00 R1150GS "Adv/Supermoto"
    '95 Honda CRM250 Mk3

If it's not thrashing the fastest two wheeled machinery known to man, down country lanes lined with stone walls, sometimes in thick fog & driving rain, it's not proper racing - Thank goodness for the TT.....

http://www.encantadaholidayrental.com/ Disney holiday accommodation, available to rent in Orlando.

It's a lovely thing....really.....pretty as a picture and I want it.

BUT, It's a very expensive ornament....£7.5K for an ornament ??.....Ride it and it's value drops through the floor. I've seen a number of unridden RC30/RC45's and an RG500 up for sale, big fat prices ...£30K ish......ornaments the lot of them.

A mate of mine has a zero miles NOS built RD400. I made a SERIOUS cash offer on it. He would only sell me it if I agreed not to ride it..............No sale !!

Bloody nice those little Hondas though.....

Quote Originally Posted by ebbo View Post
    Honda Dream 50 zero miles, only £7.5k, could make a nice little investment?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-...YAAOSwJIBZxBcG

Im a sucker for these and pursued 2 . One at Fastline Preston £5k sold straight away, a second at Robinsons Rochdale , possibly for sale by owner proprietor! At £7k.

Got a chance to see the details of the Robinsons bike as they had a big history file. Original owner bought 10 from Bill Smith Chester, total cost £3500 , most of em never ridden. The desirable ones are the Dream 50R's the one without lights and trick Honda bits.

In the event I never bought one as if its unregistered how do you insure it? Contents ?

Steve

I remember seeing one of those in a bike shop years ago, quite rare then and still are.

Skyteam Ace, all the looks (but maybe none of the quality.) for £1500
    I

Or the 125 version for a little more.

Add a few Honda badges ....

Buy the Honda as an investment to sit in the living room and then buy a s/hand Skyteam Ace 125 and stick an XR200 engine in it to play on the roads