anything else to change while gearbox off

Might be worth while knocking a trolley together so you can rest the whole lot on it and pull it back in a oner? Depends how many hands you have to help I suppose?

I manage without a trolley or any helping hands, in fact i'll be doing one later today :D

two long dowel studs screwed into the engine block to slide the box on, a hammer, which i stand up to help support the final drive, then lift the box/swingarm/final drive up and slide the box in place, two rear wheel studs in the wheel flange, turn them by hand and the clutch splines locate, then bolt the the box down.
Then slide the clutch pushrod into place.

I manage without a trolley or any helping hands, in fact i'll be doing one later today :D

two long dowel studs screwed into the engine block to slide the box on, a hammer, which i stand up to help support the final drive, then lift the box/swingarm/final drive up and slide the box in place, two rear wheel studs in the wheel flange, turn them by hand and the clutch splines locate, then bolt the the box down.
Then slide the clutch pushrod into place.
Do you make yourself a cuppa tea at the same time whilst jiggling all these bits ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You don't need to remove the final drive or swingarm to change a clutch. The gearbox, swingarm and final drive are all kept bolted together and pulled off as a single unit. Don't waste your time taking it all to bits.

Just a quick ? Steptoe. What are the ZF clutches like, with regards to, fit, finish, and reliability.

ZF are Sachs. I bought the kit from brooksbarns on ebay last week and it's a complete sachs clutch.

I fit Sachs clutches.

I have no experience of using/riding with other manufacturers offerings (well not enough to be able to make a judgement/comparison and recommend them to anyone).

Sachs are now part of the ZF family of companies and the Sachs clutch kits are now marketed under the ZF brand name i.e. still the same kit in the box.
ZF have been making auto and manual gearboxes/steering boxes for the commercial vehicle/bus industry for a number of years now and they have a good reputation for quality products.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom