New bike insurance

Great you sorted out your insurance renewal, mate. The tale is a useful salutary warning to other bikermates as to the perils and possible pitfalls of engaging with chimps.

Don't you have anything better to do than trawl threads looking to use your acerbic wit and stick your nose in ?

As it happens, I had already had a written renewal and as the way with insurance, it pays to look for alternate quotes. I had already been on comparison websites where it a matter of seconds to get new quotes as previous details are already there.

A better quote was already in the offing but was prepared to go with Admiral just to save a bit of hassle. Getting charged £14 not £17 for a bit of ply not hardboard was taking the piss, something I have come to expect of most insurance bods. You just reinforce that notion.

Please keep your nose out of my posts and waste your time somewhere else !

One gets what one brings upon oneself.

Not declaring panniers, means panniers are not insured..... Simples.

Guess what ! Despite telling Admiral not to auto renew my policy a week or so before renewal, and the chimp ( wappings word) saying yes, they wont auto renew, a letter arrives today saying that they could not take payment by direct debit and that I should inform my bank to accept their request otherwise I would be in breach of my agreement.

So spend more time on the phone to be then told, yes they had renewed it but they would cancel it without charge. How gracious of them !

It's a good job I did cancel the direct debit otherwise who knows how long it would have taken to get my money back.

Scumbags.

Back
Top Bottom