Thread: How much.............?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

How much.............?

Just had a renewal quote from BMW

51 year old, riding twenty five years, never had a claim, no convictions, loyal customer, live in the middle of no-where with a big dog etc etc

2017 R Nine T Urban GS
    2010 R1200GS Adventure
    1985 K75C

8000 miles a year approx, always locked in a garage

Comprehensive cover

£700.................Time to shop around for a few quotes I think

FP.

Destined to come last Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nah just pay it and when the bike is nicked by scootermates you can feel reassured that the Insurance company might pay out.

It seems that some on here are very content with bike theft resulting in high premiums.
    Brian

GSA Triple Black
    VW 'Triple Black' Campervan
    Zagato Guzzi 950 cafe
    Guzzi Le Mans 2, black and gold Coburn and Hughes.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Valid point that

Lost count of the number of local and tourers bikes nicked this summer in the Edinburgh area.

I suppose we all pay for someone else's misfortune but £700 I'm an old fart on a BMW FFS

Last year it was £400 and I thought that was dear!

FP.

Hi FP, I was quoted £1400 for my HP4 Carbon by BMW after I had had it 2 years it jumped up from around £700. I looked at MoneySupermarket.com and got exactly the same cover from Post Office (with exception of track days, which I don't do) for £400.

When my documents arrived they were from the same office, same signature and same cover as my BMW renewal. One had BMW badge on top of letter, other had Post Office. I phoned and asked what the story was and was told the only difference was the headed paper...........

My 2010 GSA £120 Fully Comp this year
    2013 HP4 Carbon £220 Fully Comp

I'm 48, no points and a claim in 2012 for theft of GSA.

Search around my friend, there are deals out there.

JimmyMac

Have a look at eBike insurance. They smashed Principal's renewal figure, and the policy is with the same insurer. Turns out they only take £1 commission, unlike most of the other brokers.

Well I got sorted out with Carole Nash this morning. Got the cover I needed with protected no claims as well as insured excess and breakdown cover and saved a few hundred quid in the process.

Maybe I should do the same when I change my bike.

FP.

Cost for me 105 BMW lc really pleased

Chat to these guys https://www.bemoto.uk/

I dealt with Scott who was excellent, two GS with all mods declared and an agreed quotation for my Norton V4SS when it's ready.

Since then two mate have insured three bikes with them.

Very helpful and a can do attitude

Unfortunately, they couldn't quote me less than £1800 pa in London for a new AT.
    Quote Originally Posted by m1keyp View Post
    Chat to these guys https://www.bemoto.uk/

I dealt with Scott who was excellent, two GS with all mods declared and an agreed quotation for my Norton V4SS when it's ready.

Since then two mate have insured three bikes with them.

Very helpful and a can do attitude