Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New bike insurance

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    I've no idea but it certainly enhances that all important presence and the being planted experience, that so many crave.
    Amen biker brother
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Quote Originally Posted by andyscott View Post
    If its on as standard, comes with the model then dont say a word.

I havent said about my panniers, as they are supplied from the garage, I am not to know they are added extras???
    If it's important enough for owners to mention that it is a "Twipple Bwack" in every post and thread, then maybe the Underwriters should be told too?

When it gets nicked or binned ------- you'll soon be bweeting about the std payout....

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackal View Post
    If it's important enough for owners to mention that it is a "Twipple Bwack" in every post and thread, then maybe the Underwriters should be told too?

When it gets nicked or binned ------- you'll soon be bweeting about the std payout....

Al
    You have to argue with fucknuts anyway, as they are all twats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    So, having been rung by your insurance provider to:

(A) Be reminded that your insurance was about to expire on your 20 year old vehicle

(B) Been provided with a what you viewed as a competitive offer premium to renew

You decided to prat about.

Whereupon, as a direct consequence, your competive renewal premium went up by £17. Genius.

You then declined the revised renewal offer, presumably then needing to spend your valuable time * shopping about for a fresh alternative. Whether or not you decided to inform and discuss with your new insurer your sheet of hardboard and / or the self tapping screw is, of course, a secret best kept to yourself.

* A fair exchange, you having already decided to waste the time of the other chimp on the phone line, who had been kind enough to call you to offer you a competive renewal price, subsequently fecking him (and yourself) around in the process.
    Don't you have anything better to do than trawl threads looking to use your acerbic wit and stick your nose in ?

As it happens, I had already had a written renewal and as the way with insurance, it pays to look for alternate quotes. I had already been on comparison websites where it a matter of seconds to get new quotes as previous details are already there.

A better quote was already in the offing but was prepared to go with Admiral just to save a bit of hassle. Getting charged £14 not £17 for a bit of ply not hardboard was taking the piss, something I have come to expect of most insurance bods. You just reinforce that notion.

Please keep your nose out of my posts and waste your time somewhere else !

Great you sorted out your insurance renewal, mate. The tale is a useful salutary warning to other bikermates as to the perils and possible pitfalls of engaging with chimps.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtee43 View Post
    Don't you have anything better to do than trawl threads looking to use your acerbic wit and stick your nose in ?

As it happens, I had already had a written renewal and as the way with insurance, it pays to look for alternate quotes. I had already been on comparison websites where it a matter of seconds to get new quotes as previous details are already there.

A better quote was already in the offing but was prepared to go with Admiral just to save a bit of hassle. Getting charged £14 not £17 for a bit of ply not hardboard was taking the piss, something I have come to expect of most insurance bods. You just reinforce that notion.

Please keep your nose out of my posts and waste your time somewhere else !
    One gets what one brings upon oneself.
    Bicycle riders.....Darwin's very own speed bumps.

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Not declaring panniers, means panniers are not insured..... Simples.
    Coming Soon: "Sands of Time" .... A Dali based homage to a Sand Racing Evo....

Guess what ! Despite telling Admiral not to auto renew my policy a week or so before renewal, and the chimp ( wappings word) saying yes, they wont auto renew, a letter arrives today saying that they could not take payment by direct debit and that I should inform my bank to accept their request otherwise I would be in breach of my agreement.

So spend more time on the phone to be then told, yes they had renewed it but they would cancel it without charge. How gracious of them !

It's a good job I did cancel the direct debit otherwise who knows how long it would have taken to get my money back.

Scumbags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12