How much better is the Nav 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancy Pants

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My hubby has a K1600GTLE and is always complaining about not being able to read the screen on the Nav5 in bright light because of the glare. I've heard the Nav 6 is better but is it that much of an improvement that it's worth shelling out the extra cash?
Thanks in advance:clap

My hubby has a K1600GTLE and is always complaining about not being able to read the screen on the Nav5 in bright light because of the glare. I've heard the Nav 6 is better but is it that much of an improvement that it's worth shelling out the extra cash?
Thanks in advance:clap

Never used one as don't have a fancy BMW but it doesn't seem to have many fans,judging by this thread

It is better and brighter than the NAV 5 but can still be unreadable if the sun is directly behind you and hitting the screen at the right angle.

Worth the upgrade if you already have a Nav5? unless you really need the few extra feature like Music streaming (flaky) or VIRB camera remote, then no definitely not worth it!

just get one of these or similar for the Nav5:

http://www.nippynormans.com/f800rf800sf800st/wunderlich-sun-shade-navigator-5

Boshman, unfortunately there isn't a sun visor to fit the K16 as the SatNav sits inside the bike or that would definitely be the option. Unless someone knows better of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i rate the 6 or the 5 not had any issues with it at all ,like some on here have....the screen is premier league compared to the earlier model nice and bright think of it as in High Definition compared to normal ..

Just ride south more often.

Really, just for how long and how often does your husband need to stare at the screen of his GPS device whilst hooning along? I'd suggest that it's really not that often. Tell him to get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom