Can I do this with a full akarprovic system.

Devil

Reaction score
Hi, so I collected my new GS TB today, and I'm running it in 😝.

I have a full akrapovic system ready to fit, but I can't get the Hilltop so I'm going to post down the ECU, can I however fit and use the GS with the Akra system until I can get time to sort ECU.

The TFT screen is awesome. It has an option to flick between the external satnav if fitted, just by pressing menu button. Still playing.

Hi, so I collected my new GS TB today, and I'm running it in .

I have a full akrapovic system ready to fit, but I can't get the Hilltop so I'm going to post down the ECU, can I however fit and use the GS with the Akra system until I can get time to sort ECU.

The TFT screen is awesome. It has an option to flick between the external satnav if fitted, just by pressing menu button. Still playing.

I’ve just fitted mine yesterday . Bike seems fine but I will get it hilltopped .

Be prepared for no wheezy midrange after fitting !! :thumb

How much louder is your bike now.?

Quite a bit so I might put the OEM for a bit and see how I get on . It’s seem noisy at low rpm and max throttle . Sounds really nice at high revs mind you . Also with winter coming the OEM silencer will fair better .

Quite a bit so I might put the OEM for a bit and see how I get on . It’s seem noisy at low rpm and max throttle . Sounds really nice at high revs mind you . Also with winter coming the OEM silencer will fair better .

Well I'm probably going to open a can of worms, but my plan is to keep the exhaust valve, now before anyone says it's welded into the new exhaust, of this I'm aware.

I have managed to acquire both the new valve, cut off an exhaust and also the original air cooled valve. The good new is the valve body is the same diameter as the Akra header, but not the can, that's and easy fix. The two issues I'm aware of so far are.

1. The exhaust servo cables on the original air cooled bike are I think longer than the LC. I'm trying to find a second hand set to test.
2. The position of the valve is different, this I think can be worked around by angling the valve slightly, like on the air cooled.

Why am I doing this, honestly to try a reduced start-up noise and low speed noise but keep the benefits at higher speed while not upset the oxy sensors in closed loop, I think that's the right way around.

Maybe fit the full system and see how you get on with it

Seem to remember , when I fitted a full Ackro system to my Twin Cam , Hilltop advised me it woulld be fine but suggested to use Posh fuel until I got it down there ? !

The bikes run very lean so very hot. Improving the exhaust could make them run even leaner., therefore hotter. Using higher RON number fuels helps avoid this until the fuelling is improved by Hilltop.
Next Group Discount Date Nov 4th - one slot left.
Pm me to book.

My ECU should arrive at Hilltop by 1pm today, going to fit the exhaust system once the ECU is back. Should be tomorrow.

On holiday for 2 weeks, can't wait to put some miles on the bike.

I still have the standard exhaust fitted, as I did not want it running lean. Either way I love the bike. Exhaust going on tomorrow.

Short update, fitted the full akarpovic system today, I was worried about how loud it would be, and I don't think it's as bad as I was expecting, with the headers changed the engine seems easier revving, my only disappointment is that I feel a flat spot around 4.5 to 5k. I will ask hilltop about it, as I know that there update is self learning.

Back
Top Bottom