Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel / B&B - Harz for 12 / 13 persons - and / or less people

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Hotel / B&B - Harz for 12 / 13 persons - and / or less people

Myself and colleagues (12) are planning on visiting this area next June. Can anyone recommend a place to stop (b&b, hotel) for 3 nights. we were looking for something with a little night life, bars, pubs etc.I have been advised that Quedinburg, Wernigerode are quite good? thanks again.

Not much night life as in excitement in the two spots you mention, you may have to stay a bit further out of the Harz, Nordhausen has a couple of club type places. or maybe Goslar i seem to remember a couple of lively places.

Quote Originally Posted by 47steve View Post
    Myself and colleagues (12) are planning on visiting this area next June. Can anyone recommend a place to stop (b&b, hotel) for 3 nights. we were looking for something with a little night life, bars, pubs etc.I have been advised that Quedinburg, Wernigerode are quite good? thanks again.
    Is that 12 rooms or are people willing to share? In many German hotels, what they call twin beds provide a quite intimate experience. Two single mattresses on a double bed frame with a 10cm gap.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

yes, 6 x twin rooms if we can get them. TA

A few years ago we stayed in the town of Bad Lauterberg. Big enough to have a selection of bars and restaurants and central for the Harz area. I would happily recommend the hotel which was then owned and run by bikers - http://www.pensionroseneck.com - with the proviso that it is a some years since we visited

Quote Originally Posted by mw3230 View Post
    A few years ago we stayed in the town of Bad Lauterberg. Big enough to have a selection of bars and restaurants and central for the Harz area. I would happily recommend the hotel which was then owned and run by bikers - http://www.pensionroseneck.com - with the proviso that it is a some years since we visited
    and beds as I describe above!

This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

i have been the Harz a couple of times now. we stay at the hotel Kaiserhof, it is situated in the Main Goslar Square. this is the centre piece of nightlife around the old Goslar town. the bars are all around the square at night and it is quite busy with people eating and drinking. Goslar is situated in a great place to use as a ride out base. the town itself as i say gets busy, but it is not a place that has nightclubs and very late bars. around midnight most of the bars start closing up.

The hotel has free bike parking,take that into consideration as its pay to park also anywhere in this area. bike and car. there are certain bike parking areas, but they get snapped up by the locals.

outside the main square there is a "high street" shops, banks , cafes ,restaurants etc. the area itself is stunning and the roads to ride are brill. its not an area known for extravagant nightlife to be honest, so if you are happy just riding the roads, then having a few beers with nice food at night ..its perfect ..

I cut the opening post out of an all but closed thread on what the weather would (might) be like in the Harz in late September 2017.

OP, that's a lot of rooms that you are looking for, as many as might perhaps be required by a professional bike tour operator.

I suggest:

1. Contact one and preferably more of the hotels offering 'biker friendly' accommodation. You can get a start on this by going to the sticky on Germany. You'll probably end up calling them. The possible downside of these hotels is that they are sometimes in not the greatest locations, ie the owner has a large(ish) hotel in a not so great town or location, so has thrown it open to bikermates. Some hunting around in Google might throw some light on the location etc

2. Maybe try pumping the details of the hotel you'd like into Booking.com and other similar search engines. You may strike lucky, particularly if you do not want the accommodation until mid to late summer 2018.

By way of a very simple experiment, I asked Booking.com for 6 rooms / 12 adults in Goslar for one week in mid-June 2018. It came up with 56 suggestions. I didn't bother to search through them. You can do the same, no doubt. If Booking.com show 'Sold out' that might well mean nothing more than it's a popular hotel and that someone has snapped up only the rooms that the hotelier made available via Booking.com; you can always call the hotel direct

On that, how many nights willl you need the rooms for?

I only ask as you are making a large booking and logic dictates that others (tour groups / coach trips etc) will be on the hunt too and / or might have started on 2018 already. Time to get perhaps, busy I'd suggest.

3. If you found the right location, might you be prepared to split your group into two or more, using two or more hotels in the same town?

4. You haven't given us any idea of how much per head you and your 12 friends are prepared to spend per night. The Harz does have some big and / or pricey hotels, that might be able to help you.... useless if your idea of anything above EUR 30 a night all in is a rip off

5. Have a look at some of the professional tours on offer. Why? They might just suit you, perhaps? If nothing else, you'd get your accommodation sorted out for free. Failing that, at least look at their advertising blurb. For very good reasons they are often vague about the specific details but it's sometimes possible to put two and two together.

One of the best, imo.
    Hotel Harmonie, Bad Grund. They have double 12 double rooms and 2 apartments. They can adjust the rooms for 4 in a room if you don't mind been doubled up.
    Contact Peter and Corrina with you request and see what they can do.
    Don't wait long as they can fill up fast.

Cheers Dave.
    Never give up the chase
    R1200GS. In striking Black & Silver 07

G650X Country 07.

Retired full time bike farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Have a look at hotel Die Tanne , in Goslar .

Hotel Harmonie is an excellent place run by a lovely couple. Highly recommended.

Stayed several times in Hotel Harmonie - they've turned it round after the previous UK owners ran it into the ground!
    Bloody good value too for the size of the rooms and then the larger apartments on the top floor as well.

Anyone stayed around Wernigerode or Goslar that could recommend a decent place to stay (12) ....TA

Thank to the previous replies

Quote Originally Posted by 47steve View Post
    Anyone stayed around Wernigerode or Goslar that could recommend a decent place to stay (12) ....TA
    For Goslar, at least try a look at the posts above.

For Wernigerode, you are in your own.

Thanks Wapping, I already have and searched them. I put another post to see if there is anymore recommendations? and yes I have also tried Booking.com etc but there is nothing better then from the horse's mouth TA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast