Boot/Trouser interface

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK. Having finally had my new breeks delivered, I've found out that either A. Dane trousers are made on the tight side or B. I have massive calf muscles.

The story starts with a leaky pair of Klim Latitude trousers, which were repaired by Gore and then later returned for a refund as they still leaked. I ordered a pair of Dane Lyngby trousers and after a short wait on them, tried them on today and boy are they tight in the calf area. I admittedly do have slightly larger than normal calf muscles, but nothing like Arny in his prime.

I can get a pair of Daytona boots under them, but it's very slightly tight but not impossible to get the zip closed, but I have no chance getting the zip done up with my Forma Adventure boots.

Dane wearers - is this normal? Rev it users - I might return then for the Poseidon GTX trousers, but are they any more roomy in the calf area? Failing that, I might just get another pair of Latitudes or sell the Forma's and get some other boots. Or wear them with the zips undone - is that an option?

Thoughts and discussions please...

D.

OK. Having finally had my new breeks delivered, I've found out that either A. Dane trousers are made on the tight side or B. I have massive calf muscles.

The story starts with a leaky pair of Klim Latitude trousers, which were repaired by Gore and then later returned for a refund as they still leaked. I ordered a pair of Dane Lyngby trousers and after a short wait on them, tried them on today and boy are they tight in the calf area. I admittedly do have slightly larger than normal calf muscles, but nothing like Arny in his prime.

I can get a pair of Daytona boots under them, but it's very slightly tight but not impossible to get the zip closed, but I have no chance getting the zip done up with my Forma Adventure boots.

Dane wearers - is this normal? Rev it users - I might return then for the Poseidon GTX trousers, but are they any more roomy in the calf area? Failing that, I might just get another pair of Latitudes or sell the Forma's and get some other boots. Or wear them with the zips undone - is that an option?

D.

I have a pair of Rev'it Horizon 2 trousers and there is plenty of room in the lower leg. I have large calf's and sometimes have trouble with boots. Can't see you having a problem with Rev'it.

Different trousers but I had a couple of 10 inch zips put into the inside seams of my Hood jeans. This makes getting into boots so much easier

YKK do an open ended waterproof zip called Aquaseal

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 238

D.

If the fit is uncomfortable on your calves and you can’t zip up the trouser leg, then I’d return the item for replacement/refund. The Dane Lyngby are quite expensive, so I’d get the trouser which meets your requirements. I have the Dane trouser and I find the fit excellent and comfortable for touring and walking about in. The Dane Lyngby has a more “tailored” fit to go over a touring type boot (I wear Atlberg Hoggs) as opposed to Klim adventure type trousers which are a bit more “baggy” to provide much more clearance for the adventure offroad type boots which will probably meet your needs better.

Ordered a pair of these from www.motoin.de today - might even be here by tomorrow.

Nice spec for the money - https://www.scott-sports.com/au/en/product/scott-priority-gt-pant?article=2406130001006

Nothing wrong with the Dane trousers, but they're very fitted by design - very well made and again, nicely spec'd, but I don't want to have to change my boots just to fit the trousers - although I have been taken by the Revit Pioneer and Discovery boots... :D

priority-gt-pant.jpg

2406130001A_png_zoom_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom