Thread: it's got two wheels .... !!

it's got two wheels .... !!

I know, I know .... other peoples go pro videos are feckin boring ...

But here's a couple from earlier this month with a quick blast around D'Huez and Gallibier. (I'll spare you the pain of the uphill videos ... !). Not filmed my me, I am the red bike in all black clothing. A great couple of days

Gallibier down was absolutely freezing! we'd got wet with sweat on the way up and now coming down with the wind ... feck me was I cold ..

A great ride from the cafe at the bottom of Gallibier to La Grave. I had a compact chain set on (to get me up!) but it's roads like this where you wish you had bigger gearing..

D'Huez poured with rain and was again, freezing on the way down. I can't remember shaking with shivers so much before!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Video number 2 says unavailable

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Tiger View Post
    Video number 2 says unavailable
    Ahh ....

It's not mine, is I guess it's by invite only. Your clearly not in the club NT ..

(Thats a shame actually 'cos it's a really good descent ... Ho Hum ... pretty shit thread all round then .... !!)

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Ahh ....

It's not mine, is I guess it's by invite only. Your clearly not in the club NT ..

(Thats a shame actually 'cos it's a really good descent ... Ho Hum ... pretty shit thread all round then .... !!)
    Very shit indeed as all we wanted to see was you going off the side of a mountain

At least you can't put diesel in one of those
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Well done Giles,although I saw no evidence of "Rossi eyes" and it seemed more like " in like a lamb out like a pussy" to me impressed with the overtakes though!

Very impressive, I can't fecking imagine climbing up the bloody thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Johno23 View Post
    .... it seemed more like " in like a lamb out like a pussy" to me

Ha .... Yeah, cornering on a cliff edge with a tyre the width of your thumb and suddenly motorbikes seem a lot safer ..

Did you see any Marmottes?

Yes ... Just the one... Top of Gallibier ..

I've been up and down it loads from both directions. It's a tough climb and technical descent, sometimes made even more hazardous if you're in the middle of a big group of mad French and Italians all hell bent on beating each other down to Lauteret!

Last time I did it was on the Marmotte Grandfondo where you also get to climb Glandon, Telegraphe and and Alpe d!Huez as well!

You must now be getting pretty fit now if you're getting up those big Alpine climbs

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Toddmeister View Post
    .... You must now be getting pretty fit now if you're getting up those big Alpine climbs

A power meter has revolutionised my training!
    And it was brilliant at pacing the big climbs. We had a gloves off competition up D'huez which I won, not necessarily because i'm the fittest, but because my power meter gave me the numbers and I didn't blow up. The others fecked off at the beginning and they must have been pushing 300W. I know that I'm not going to sustain that for an hour (FTP is 256) So I let them go and just stuck at 250W. Sure enough about 3/4 of the way up they were cooked and I just reeled them in and cruised by .. !
    I'd say to anybody whose into their cycling and training, get a power meter ..