Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: BMW Wollaston

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kettering, England
    Posts
    204

    BMW Wollaston

    Just had my GSA in for its 12000 mile service at Wollaston Northampton, not very happy with a couple of things done, or not done is probably more accurate!

    At the second time of collecting I had a completely flat battery, this was late on a Saturday afternoon so again the bike had to stay with them and I was given a R1200R as a loaner for the week

    The problem with the battery has been sorted, a faulty electrical component was draining the battery permanently, so component replaced and a new battery put on, and they'd supplied me with a bike

    Picked the bike up yesterday and all good, the lads in the service department knew I was looking to get a new rallye jacket and when handing me my keys told me that they were giving me one for free for being messed around, I was maybe expecting a decent discount on one but to get it for nothing has really blown me away

    I have a bathroom installation business and remember when I started someone said to me that we're all human and we all make mistakes, it,s how you rectify these mistakes that makes you stand out from the crowd

    Well Wollaston in my opinion has shown to be a top company, top lads and thanks for the jacket

    Hopefully they'll fuck up next year and I can get the trousers

    Oh and by the way the R1200R, a nice bike but getting back on to my GSA was amazing on every level, sometimes you forget just what an awesome bike it is if you don't ride anything else

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,295
    That's very generous of them many places would just give a discount voucher.

    Did you check your Petrol cap for scratches?
    Caution : May stop suddenly

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    northants
    Posts
    32
    lol you did well im over there tomorrow to collect my gsa for fork recall then off to wales to get dirteh next weekend

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    592
    Good old BMW service .. top marks.

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,186
    Brilliant , nice to hear
    "Life is for Racing, anything before or after is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1971

    Team Duvet

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cleadon village
    Posts
    215
    Danny, You jammy bugger, did they have your size in stock On a more serious note that is customer service at its best. Its not like your a one off buyer so they will be seeing you back at sometime in the future.

    Steve

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kettering, England
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by steveC View Post
    Danny, You jammy bugger, did they have your size in stock On a more serious note that is customer service at its best. Its not like your a one off buyer so they will be seeing you back at sometime in the future.

    Steve
    It was a struggle but they eventually found one to fit me, seems most of them are made for fat fuckers so was lucky to find one in "petite"!!!

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Bedfordshire, England
    Posts
    625
    They look after my F650GS pretty well - comes back from service/MOT nicely valeted & a £25 discount this time too. The sales guys are always helpful, as one should expect with a premium product - I guess the close proximity of the car sales operation is beneficial for both standards & convenient opening hours. North Oxford Garage is part of the Group.

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Solihull, England
    Posts
    305
    Always had mine serviced at Wollaston despite being a 120 mile round trip and been happy with the service received, Jack is a top bloke. I made a point of letting the sales guys know that the service dept were the reason I was buying from them again when I swapped bikes in July.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Huntingdonshire
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxaar View Post
    Always had mine serviced at Wollaston despite being a 120 mile round trip and been happy with the service received, Jack is a top bloke. I made a point of letting the sales guys know that the service dept were the reason I was buying from them again when I swapped bikes in July.
    What have you got this time? I thought you were being seduced by the red side or was that only a momentary infatuation that you dealt with by burning a few £20 notes to get an advance feel for what ownership would be like

  11. #11
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Solihull, England
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    What have you got this time? I thought you were being seduced by the red side or was that only a momentary infatuation that you dealt with by burning a few £20 notes to get an advance feel for what ownership would be like
    1200 GSA, it's a long story. I'd have loved a Multi but I'd have spent all my time waiting for it to go wrong and can't be arsed with that. Shame really.

    Also on the lookout for something sporty because being an utter fucking twat I sold the GSX-R1000 K6 when we needed the garage space! Quite fancy an S1000R.

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Huntingdonshire
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxaar View Post
    1200 GSA, it's a long story. I'd have loved a Multi but I'd have spent all my time waiting for it to go wrong and can't be arsed with that. Shame really.

    Also on the lookout for something sporty because being an utter fucking twat I sold the GSX-R1000 K6 when we needed the garage space! Quite fancy an S1000R.
    Go retro. Scratch that Ducati itch and buy a sports bike at the same time, I know someone who would do you a good deal on a 916

  13. #13
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Solihull, England
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    Go retro. Scratch that Ducati itch and buy a sports bike at the same time, I know someone who would do you a good deal on a 916
    Tempting but I need to solve the garage space issue first so just window shopping for now. Annoyingly we have plenty of garden space to build a lovely big garage, but shit access so I wouldn't be able to put bikes in it anyway.

    Having read about your European adventures in the wobble box and also on the bike are you slipping slowly into semi-retirement you lucky fucker?

  14. #14
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Huntingdonshire
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxaar View Post
    Tempting but I need to solve the garage space issue first so just window shopping for now. Annoyingly we have plenty of garden space to build a lovely big garage, but shit access so I wouldn't be able to put bikes in it anyway.

    Having read about your European adventures in the wobble box and also on the bike are you slipping slowly into semi-retirement you lucky fucker?
    I’m not ‘officially’ slipping into semi retirement but I’m only working 6-8 months of the year unless I get offered a stupid amount of money to work longer. I’ve been talking to someone about going on a fixed 6 month contract every year but I'm not too keen on that idea because it means I’d be looking for work every October and I’d be dumping on people I’ve worked for previously.

  15. #15
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    warrington
    Posts
    221
    I'm a bit surprised that they managed to find one to fit you.........................lol

  16. #16
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Just N of Chelmsford
    Posts
    193
    K1300R, thank me later, I've had an S1000R and the K is far more substantial, and cheaper.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"