Thread: BMW Wollaston

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

BMW Wollaston

Just had my GSA in for its 12000 mile service at Wollaston Northampton, not very happy with a couple of things done, or not done is probably more accurate!

At the second time of collecting I had a completely flat battery, this was late on a Saturday afternoon so again the bike had to stay with them and I was given a R1200R as a loaner for the week

The problem with the battery has been sorted, a faulty electrical component was draining the battery permanently, so component replaced and a new battery put on, and they'd supplied me with a bike

Picked the bike up yesterday and all good, the lads in the service department knew I was looking to get a new rallye jacket and when handing me my keys told me that they were giving me one for free for being messed around, I was maybe expecting a decent discount on one but to get it for nothing has really blown me away

I have a bathroom installation business and remember when I started someone said to me that we're all human and we all make mistakes, it,s how you rectify these mistakes that makes you stand out from the crowd

Well Wollaston in my opinion has shown to be a top company, top lads and thanks for the jacket

Hopefully they'll fuck up next year and I can get the trousers

Oh and by the way the R1200R, a nice bike but getting back on to my GSA was amazing on every level, sometimes you forget just what an awesome bike it is if you don't ride anything else

That's very generous of them many places would just give a discount voucher.

Did you check your Petrol cap for scratches?
    Caution : May stop suddenly

lol you did well im over there tomorrow to collect my gsa for fork recall then off to wales to get dirteh next weekend

Good old BMW service .. top marks.

Brilliant , nice to hear
    "Life is for Racing, anything before or after is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1971

Team Duvet

Danny, You jammy bugger, did they have your size in stock On a more serious note that is customer service at its best. Its not like your a one off buyer so they will be seeing you back at sometime in the future.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steveC View Post
    Danny, You jammy bugger, did they have your size in stock On a more serious note that is customer service at its best. Its not like your a one off buyer so they will be seeing you back at sometime in the future.

Steve
    It was a struggle but they eventually found one to fit me, seems most of them are made for fat fuckers so was lucky to find one in "petite"!!!

They look after my F650GS pretty well - comes back from service/MOT nicely valeted & a £25 discount this time too. The sales guys are always helpful, as one should expect with a premium product - I guess the close proximity of the car sales operation is beneficial for both standards & convenient opening hours. North Oxford Garage is part of the Group.

Always had mine serviced at Wollaston despite being a 120 mile round trip and been happy with the service received, Jack is a top bloke. I made a point of letting the sales guys know that the service dept were the reason I was buying from them again when I swapped bikes in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxaar View Post
    Always had mine serviced at Wollaston despite being a 120 mile round trip and been happy with the service received, Jack is a top bloke. I made a point of letting the sales guys know that the service dept were the reason I was buying from them again when I swapped bikes in July.
    What have you got this time? I thought you were being seduced by the red side or was that only a momentary infatuation that you dealt with by burning a few £20 notes to get an advance feel for what ownership would be like

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    What have you got this time? I thought you were being seduced by the red side or was that only a momentary infatuation that you dealt with by burning a few £20 notes to get an advance feel for what ownership would be like
    1200 GSA, it's a long story. I'd have loved a Multi but I'd have spent all my time waiting for it to go wrong and can't be arsed with that. Shame really.

Also on the lookout for something sporty because being an utter fucking twat I sold the GSX-R1000 K6 when we needed the garage space! Quite fancy an S1000R.

1200 GSA, it's a long story. I'd have loved a Multi but I'd have spent all my time waiting for it to go wrong and can't be arsed with that. Shame really.

Also on the lookout for something sporty because being an utter fucking twat I sold the GSX-R1000 K6 when we needed the garage space! Quite fancy an S1000R.
    Go retro. Scratch that Ducati itch and buy a sports bike at the same time, I know someone who would do you a good deal on a 916

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    Go retro. Scratch that Ducati itch and buy a sports bike at the same time, I know someone who would do you a good deal on a 916
    Tempting but I need to solve the garage space issue first so just window shopping for now. Annoyingly we have plenty of garden space to build a lovely big garage, but shit access so I wouldn't be able to put bikes in it anyway.

Having read about your European adventures in the wobble box and also on the bike are you slipping slowly into semi-retirement you lucky fucker?

Tempting but I need to solve the garage space issue first so just window shopping for now. Annoyingly we have plenty of garden space to build a lovely big garage, but shit access so I wouldn't be able to put bikes in it anyway.

Having read about your European adventures in the wobble box and also on the bike are you slipping slowly into semi-retirement you lucky fucker?
    I’m not ‘officially’ slipping into semi retirement but I’m only working 6-8 months of the year unless I get offered a stupid amount of money to work longer. I’ve been talking to someone about going on a fixed 6 month contract every year but I'm not too keen on that idea because it means I’d be looking for work every October and I’d be dumping on people I’ve worked for previously.

I'm a bit surprised that they managed to find one to fit you.........................lol

K1300R, thank me later, I've had an S1000R and the K is far more substantial, and cheaper.