Thread: Problem with my auxiliary lights

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Problem with my auxiliary lights

Hi, I'm having an issue with the auxiliary lights on my rt. They're identical to wunderlich micro flooters however the branding doesn't seem to be there. I did not fit them so I cannot vouch for their age.

They were working brilliantly and then the other day on the motorway they went out completely and the switch had no effect on their workings. However I noticed once I got to my destination that they were now on. The problem is they will not go off at all even when switched off. Usually when switched on after 30 seconds of the ignition being off they turn off automatically. This is no longer the case so I've had to detach them from the battery. Any ideas? Missing my R right now thinking of all the Tupperware I may need to take off!

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Duff relay maybe.

Hugh Janus Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Relay looks suspect, the only real way to check is to from each light pack along the power lead to the switch and then the lead to the battery.

Might be a good idea to get a FuzeBlock or a PDM60 so you can wire the lights up properly.

Sounds like you had the relay signal wire on the canbus-controlled side of things rather than the on/off with ignition.

I did similar taking the signal wire from the satnav feed. I too experienced same as you - went into the garage one evening to find it illuminated by the fogs.

Have replaced the relay which appears to have sorted it but I worry that the canbus -controlled side could see the load as a trigger to keep it live, as it does when it senses the BMW canbus charger.

I will be rewiring to the side light feed or even the headlight so that I know it's dead with the key removed.

BMW are going to sort them for me as I only recently bought the bike from them. Thanks for all the I formation and hopefully I won't have any more issues with them. Would definitely prefer them to be wired to a live feed instead of canbus.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk