Thread: Africa Twin Sargent seat

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Africa Twin Sargent seat

Big box arrived today.

My Sargent seat has finally arrived and obviously it didn't take long to fit it onto the bike. I've only gone for the riders seat (never take a pillion) but ordered the blue piping to bring a little of the colour into the main seat. I'll either get used to how it looks or see if I can find a black rear in a breakers sometime.

The shape is different to the oe seat with a larger seating area and first impressions are that it's much firmer than the oe one. If it's anything like the Sargent I had on my 12GS, it should prove to be much more comfortable over distance. I found the my first Sargent needed time to bed in, or my butt to get used to it, so a wee trip will be needed to see how we get on. Superb quality as expected from Sargent and it even comes with an LED flashlight that snaps into the base. So far, happy as a very happy thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Why so serious ?

I got the impression from feedback that the stock seat is rather comfortable ?

The stock seat IMO is fine for up to 150 miles. By then I'm moving about a lot and numb bum has set in. On my 12GS, I was squirming about after a mere 50 miles, so the AT stocker is 100 miles better in that respect. But I like doing 3/400 mile days and the Sargent gave me that option with the improved comfort, so I'm hoping that this will be similar this time round with the AT Sargent.
    Why so serious ?

I'm about the same as you 150 miles be interested to hear how you get on, could always get spare seat and send it to Tony archer, what was the damage £££

£360 delivered to NI. But that was with the top spec and initial order discount, you can spec it cheaper and it's free delivery on the mainland.
    Why so serious ?

Mine came last week, i got the low version, when in the high position its fine but if you put it in the low position it rubs on the side plastic on the frame, for now ive placed some plastic so it doesnt mar the seat, ive also ordered the sw motech rear seat plate as the rear OEM seat looks terrible with the sargent

Oh and mine was ok for 45 mins then painful, gonna wizz over to france next week to try it out
    LBL

Life's too short.

So today I did about 100ish miles on the new seat. Personally, I find it a definite improvement over the stock seat. There's more seat area to sit on and plenty of room to move around if needed. I was slightly concerned at first as I felt it was digging into my inner thighs.....but this soon disappeared as the miles went by. It's just a different initial feeling I guess and at the end of the ride, I knew I had made a sound decision on buying the Sargent. With more miles, it'll no doubt get even better as the one on my GS did.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Why so serious ?