Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Thread: Night riding GSA TE

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Night riding GSA TE

Wow just did 200 miles in the pitch of black. Not ridden at night for that distance for a while. Like riding in daylight , loving this new GSA , gear change is mint and handling fantastic, gear shift pro is smooth at the right revs . I'd sworn I was over with the gsa ( my previous was a beta 2014 bike) but feck this is a great bike . Nav 4 is also good on my 2017 bike . I can't think how this bike can be improved. Even like the clocks !
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Not long picked my 2018 model GSA TE up. Big improvement for me from my standard 2016 GS . Gearbox is much much better and the new suspension is the best I have ridden on. Now I've blinged it all up with the goodies from my 16 model it fits like a glove. Very Happy ! Seems a bit quieter too, but that could be the effect of bigger body work. I didn't go for the new iPad clock because I actually like the standard clocks and Nav 5 set up. Lets see how the new tech works out for a bit.

One thing to be wary of if ordering a 2018 model with the new suspension is that it maintains its ride height so people who are just getting their foot down with a bit of fiddling with suspension settings on the old model, i.e. giving a bit of height friendly sag , will find they are dangling on the Auto setting. I got the lowered model and glad I did .

Cheers

:-)

Arse Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    All good and well if you keep the bike upright most of the time. Did a bit of the N202 and D955 to Castellane from Gorges de Daluis at night. Makes cornering interesting but the driving lights help a bit I was wondering how the K1600 would have been on that road with that cornering headlight.

Strangely enough yesterday I rode mine for over an hour on pitch black unlit rural roads before the sun started to rise , had to turn off the led driving lamps as when they picked up any reflective road signs the reflected light was blinding, similarly they were upsetting oncoming vehicles.

Specified my new bike without LED headlamp but as soon as I got it swapped the standard H7 55W halogen bulbs for Philips Extreme Vision bulbs, they are still 55W but give a much brighter /whiter light (I've used them in my cars for the last 6 or 7 years without a failure , £21 for a pair from eurocarparts ).

Dip was easily safe for 70 ish and main would easily be safe for more (wasn't pushing it as it was just the time of the morning when Bambi and hs suicidal mates go bouncing across the rural roads

They are an amazing headlight, similar to a cars, as I discovered with my temporary switch to an S1000XR, headlight shite in comparison and bordering on dangerous at night.

I ride my 2017 GSA TE every day to commute on, as well as weekend riding , was new in March 2017, did 420 miles on it yesterday and it was faultless. it's hard to think of a bike I would want in its place. It's feeling fast as ever running with v power and the engine has really loosened up after all those mix of journeys I do.

Brakes, handling, performance and comfort all top drawer for me. Just a superb bike.

Yes, the XR lights are bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRich View Post
    They are an amazing headlight, similar to a cars,
    Yep, heated vest plugged in, no traffic on the roads, a long night ride with the new LED light can be very therapeutic and weirdly rewarding.
    As Neil said, rabbits, deer and badgers to dodge though!

Quote Originally Posted by Troppo View Post
    Yes, the XR lights are bloody awful.
    Agreed. The new model will hopefully have an LED headlight this time.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

It seems that the preload can me set to Min or Max (for off-road use). The riding position equaliser is inactive when set to Min and Max. Page 152 of the GS manual. I imagine that the GSA is the same. So it should be possible to lower the bike using the setup.