heated grips

SIM

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

My 100gs does not have heated grips. I like riding in summer gloves, so can anyone advise on the best around.

Motorbins do a kit which looks good, anyone got experience of them or can recommend any better, happy to strip off grips and do the long job instead of the Oxford type.

Cheers in advance

Simon

Try the foils that go under the grips from Winding Roads for about £56.

I have them on one of my bikes, and they're quite good.

IIRC the OEM heated grip retro fit kit may still be available from one or more of the usual UK outlets (Motobins/works/sherlocks/Rainbows etc) which would give you what you got from the factory. And about the best all round.

Cheers fellas, will look at all options, Simoh

IIRC the OEM heated grip retro fit kit may still be available from one or more of the usual UK outlets (Motobins/works/sherlocks/Rainbows etc) which would give you what you got from the factory. And about the best all round.

Plus will likely just plug into the loom via standard switch.

AFAIK it's same charging system. Probably more about electrical connections.

An auxiliary question about this - my bars are undrilled, were there two part numbers of bar back in the day, or were all bars drilled for heated grips and maybe mine are aftermarket? Where was the drilling, and how big was it?

Ta!

Bikes with factory fitted heated grips had the drilled bars on the bike. Non heated grip bikes had undrilled bars on the bike.

To retro fit OEM heated grips you can drill the bars yourself - but I am a little rusty as to where the drilling was - poss under the switchgear IIRC. Just drill a hole big enough to pass the wires through.

I've taken delivery of the heated grip set - could anyone post a picture of the position and form of the hole in the bars where the wires exit please?

Ta very much!

I've taken delivery of the heated grip set - could anyone post a picture of the position and form of the hole in the bars where the wires exit please?

Ta very much!

It’s a10mm hole centrally positioned between the serrations for the bar clamps. It’s roughly directly underneath the bar when it’s in its mounted position. The hole for the wire from the grip on the clutch side is 100mm from the end.

Attachments

• BDBEAE36-7D94-436B-9924-D01FF6BECF39.jpg
    BDBEAE36-7D94-436B-9924-D01FF6BECF39.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 174
Perfect thanks Paul. I should have trusted the mighty Motorrad Werk - instructions with the kit show where to drill.

Back
Top Bottom