Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derri boots.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Derri boots.

I am looking for a waterproof commuter boot when riding the 30minutes to work and back that will go under my rainsuit. Always remember the derri boot advert from the past. Something like a pair of wellies but, not as bulky.

Any advice / ideas?

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

Personally I rate Daytona’s
    Edited because I cannot type

Daytona, waterproof and excellent protection, or Altberg another good brand.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

University of St.Helens Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I had Derri boots back in the day. Great for winter use on my commute (34 miles round trip). Gauranteed dry feet for very little outlay.
    I believe they're still in business, but I'm not sure if they still make motorcycle boots.

Daytona's and Altberg's are cracking boots but several divisions up from what the op wants for his 30 minute winter time commute.
    Some people are more violently opposed to fur than leather,
    because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

I found Altberg a dreadful company (but comfy boots), currently using army extreme weather Goretex boots - about £65 new which are cheap, warm & dry if a little bulky, take an age to break in (but comfy when they do loosen up). Laceups may not be the quickest for regular shortish commutes?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Daytona gtx gortex not cheap but last for years and are like slippers

Derry boots were little more than Wellington boots. I had a few pairs back in the day. JJH

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    Derry boots were little more than Wellington boots. I had a few pairs back in the day. JJH
    That’s all I am looking for. Cheap and cheerful. I have enough bike boots to last me.

Warm and dry feet for the price of a Mac meal.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

I have seen people using Wellington boots for biking. No protection, sweaty and cold. JJH

I have seen people using Wellington boots for biking. No protection, sweaty and cold. JJH
    But waterproof. JJH

There is a better soloution. You can get waterproof socks which would make any pair of boots do for your ride to work. JJH

Apparently, half the bones in your body are in your feet. Derriboots almost upmarket wellies !

M&P and the like often have boots on special offer, as do Aldi and Lidl.

Get inexpensive boots and replace every couple of years or spend extra and replace after a decade's use.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Or to get both protection and waterproof at a good price try these:

http://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk/0...low-as-size-4/

Ted

If you really want Derri Boots, head West on the M4, take the M5 south, wind up to DeLorian terminal velocity and then take the slip road when you see the exit sign saying "1980".

More seriously, I got well over 10 years of fairly hard use out of a set of £99 waterproof Prexport boots in leather - they never leaked and we're talking quite long periods of a weekly 3 to 4 hour commute in all weathers. A quick glance at Sportsbikeshop.co.uk tells me there's still a lot of choice for similar money or even quite a lot less. At that outlay, noting the extra protection, comfort and longevity you get (not to mention Street cred!), I'd recommend you avoid cheap gear that's not fit for purpose and buy yourself some proper m/c boots. Ymmv.

There is a better soloution. You can get waterproof socks which would make any pair of boots do for your ride to work. JJH
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-waterpr...78294162826800

Derri boots.

My Hein Gericke Taureg boots cost about £180 in 2006. They have done at least 50K miles and still waterproof but have lost the ankle protection.
    I’ve just bought some new Sidi Gortex adventures for the bike. The HGs are handy for watching the kids Rugby on Sunday mornings.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast