Trans Euro Trail

Cyclistbruce

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of trails on the TET? Particularly the Franch, Spanish and Portuguese ones? I notice that the website says that the route is recommended for smaller bikes; 450s and 600s. I'll be on my rebuilt 1150gs and the others on 800 Tigers....

Does anyone have any experience of trails on the TET? Particularly the Franch, Spanish and Portuguese ones? I notice that the website says that the route is recommended for smaller bikes; 450s and 600s. I'll be on my rebuilt 1150gs and the others on 800 Tigers....

Post this question on ABR forum there's a few on there that have done some sections

I'm one of the Linesmen for the Spanish sections, the other is a Spanish guy called Isaac Felui. Our role is to check and collate the trails that have been submitted by volunteers or found on Wikiloc, etc. so we don't know all of the route personally - yet!

Regarding your question, bearing in mind that in Spain there's an almost universal rule that a trail has to be 4 metres wide to be translatable by motors in theory you are OK. But in practice many of the trails have very poor surfaces including deep rights, washes and are sometimes more or less blocked by boulders - these also change constantly due to the extreme climate here so it's ver hard to be specific.

I'd say that if you're proficient on your big bikes then you'd be OK, but that all depends on how loaded your bike is. The handful of people who have done the Pyrenean sections have had some problems with heavily laden bikes, no matter large or small.

The good news is that hotel accommodation is plentiful and cheap - almost all camp sites will be closed from this weekend until next Easter - and you don't have to book/check-in early. There's lots of info about this on my web age but I'm reviewing and updating all of this at the moment so follow it for updates.

Regs

Simon

Brilliant, thanks for the reply, we were looking at some of the pryenean sections, but I guess we do always have the options to go around then as good riding there anyway. Will look at your webpage.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

A couple of weeks ago I completed following the Vibraction Trans Pyrenees route westward from Oliana. This coincided with the TET quite often. From the end of the VR (France) I dropped back south onto the TET and followed it west to just south of the Picos.
I did it on my CCM450 which was fine. I could have done 85% on my GSA with road biased tyres, unless it had been raining when something with a bit more bite would be needed. I did most of it solo. I'd say if you've got somebody to help you pick the bike up, and have appropriate tyres, you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom