Advice please : TomTom Rider 410 vs Rider 450

Dicko489

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Since the TomTom app is no longer supported I have decided to go large and splash out on a TT Rider. Looking at the various threads on here......can it be true that the only difference between the 410 & 450 is the thick/thin gloves setting ?
If that is the case the 410 is about £60 cheaper - which doesn't make the 450 particularly attractive.
Has anyone else looked into this and come up with an informed answer ?
Also are the accessories that come with the premium packages the same for each?

And no I don't want a Garmin......been using TomTom too long :rob

Led to believe that the 450 is world maps
My 400 has dodgy screen and looking to upgrade but TomTom repairing it out of warranty only 4 months mind you after quoting about British consumer act ( not sure if that was why ) but anyway getting it repaired

Since the TomTom app is no longer supported I have decided to go large and splash out on a TT Rider. Looking at the various threads on here......can it be true that the only difference between the 410 & 450 is the thick/thin gloves setting ?

Not sure about the 'Glove Setting' options, but the basic TT Rider 4** series is the same. The difference appears to be the included Mapset as stated. With the addition of a varying amount of 'pre-loaded' routes deemed by TT to be worthy of inclusion.

The accessories from the premium package, the locking mount set and case, will fit and you should be able to find these on offer in a premium pack, if you hunt around making it a reasonable VFM option, as opposed to buying separately. I too get on better with TT than Garmin tried both and its the way it is for me - rather like the Shoei Vs Arai helmet option. Most people are one or the other, very rare to be both ! :D

Led to believe that the 450 is world maps
My 400 has dodgy screen and looking to upgrade but TomTom repairing it out of warranty only 4 months mind you after quoting about British consumer act ( not sure if that was why ) but anyway getting it repaired

Yes, TT although not admitting to early version screen issues, they are repairing plenty - both in and out of warranty - anyone who is out of warranty needs to insist upon a goodwill repair. Mine was likewise just out warranty and they caved straight away, in fact they were very good customer service wise. We were in Germany in June and suffered downpours of 'biblical' proportions leading to water ingress on about half of the TT users and a couple of Garmin users. They insist the issue has been overcome now ...... :augie

Yeah makes you wonder why state the TT are waterproof and they get them back and repair I've marked mine so hoping I get mine back as not had much use I may resell and put on eBay and upgrade anyway not sure yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really liked my Rider 400, but after two units with defective screens (condensation in bright sunlight :mad:), I ended up getting a refund and bought a crappy Garmin 390LM instead.

It’s reliable, but nowhere near as user friendly as the TT and the routes it plots are strange at times :(

I’d buy a Rider 450 if I could be sure the screen issues have been resolved. I believe it also has a light sensitive screen like a mobile phone now, so automatically adjusts the brightness?

If that is the case the 410 is about £60 cheaper - which doesn't make the 450 particularly attractive.
Has anyone else looked into this and come up with an informed answer ?

Which app are you referring to? The Android app is great and regularly updated.

Just bought a TomTom 450 and really pleased with it so far.
I've found it quite user friendly when setting up but not yet used in anger us managed to get one (not the premium pack) for less than £300.

Back
Top Bottom