Yorkshire Dales weekend

ShaunC

Reaction score
I love my gs but wanted to do a few more challenging green lanes etc. SteaySteve from this forum also fancied a bit of off roading so we bought some "dirt bikes". Steve got a CRF250L and I bought a WR450F and off we went to explore the local lanes. The problem was we couldnt find any good lanes around our area so we havent done a lot on the off roaders. This is where the Dales weekend comes in. 2gses from here had been talking about our lack of off road riding when we went on a gs weekend from Morecambe to Filey earlier this year. We arranged to meet up in the dales in October and he would take us out for a spin.

We booked on a campsite in Redmire called Swan Farm where 2gses has used before and meet up on Friday evening.

ZSKMBKY.jpg

We quickly unloaded the bikes and headed to the pub for cracking meal. Did I mention that me and SteadySteve were novices?

N1TMJ6R.jpg

URD4Sf3.jpg

After a late night at the pub it was back to the vans, camper and tent (steadysteve) ready for an early start.
We set off from Redmire I think it was north with 5 of us in the group. 2gses leading with Fast Phil at the back to pick me and Steady up when we fell. Andy was on a 2 stroke Husky and often closed the gates behind us but was ready at the next gate to open it, he is quick. It wasnt long before we left the tarmac and hit rocks and gravel. We did about 110 miles which was about 50% tarmac and 50% off road. I cant tell you where we went as I didnt see many signs but some of you might know from these pictures :

H7ettz4.jpg

JRFP3XL.jpg

vTBoorv.jpg

YFwQqj6.jpg

bIjUiim.jpg

Our leader then took us to see Aysgarth Falls where some of the group enjoyed the views of the falls and some prefered to watch a couple of spunky old doris's take photos :

R639QKk.jpg

vOXoAlR.jpg

At least Phil took in the scenery. That was Saturday over apart from back to the pub for another good feed. What a great day it was.

Sunday was another early start where we woke up to a glorious morning. Miserable Git from this site came up with his pick up and KTM 525 on the back to join us today. We set off I think north again but did a fair bit of tarmac to get to some new lanes we hadnt done the day before. Miserable Git (who wasnt that miserable really) knew how to handle his bike and was soon passing me and Steve like Andy. It was great to follow these lads to try and learn from them. I do feel we rode better on the Sunday and almost kept up.....in a few places maybe. Here are a few pics of Sundays ride to Hawes :

Npa7LQO.jpg

SqCf65Q.jpg

t80TPo5.jpg

rZJ9pdM.jpg

We stopped in Hawes (i think) and had a cuppa at a cheese factory with lots of free cheese to sample :

Pu2pGfB.jpg

We then head back to the campsite but not before hitting what I considered the best tracks of the weekend and a spirited ride through lots of water but with the sun shinning the odd wet foot didnt dampen our spirits.

We loaded the bikes and said our goodbyes and hit the road as we all had a few hours drive home.

q7hgzY0.jpg

I must once again say a big thank you to 2gses for his excellent leadership. Thanks to Phil for keeping an eye on us all weekend. Thanks to Andy for showing us how its really done. Thanks to Steve for hauling my bike up there. Thanks to Miserable Git for not been so miserable. Cheers lads.

Thanks for the great day out lads and especially Chris for showing us around again and feeding us with some great bacon sarnies:clap

A good weekend, thanks for coming, made by the good weather, thought Steve and Shaun did well, especially Steve on that crf 250L , does the L mean lump.

Attachments

• WP_20171008_09_47_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171008_09_47_26_Pro.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 459
  • WP_20171008_09_47_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171008_09_47_29_Pro.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 461
  • WP_20171008_11_06_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171008_11_06_40_Pro.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 455
  • WP_20171008_11_06_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171008_11_06_43_Pro.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 454
Great weekend for a spin. We were up there on Sunday sun shining flppin brilliant!

Just got back from a couple of nights in 'The Dales' myself......Me/Wife/Car/Hotel so no bikes/mud involved....

Sunday was glorious...plenty of bikes around, and we didn't see ANYONE (car or bike) driving/riding like a twat. Maybe we just got lucky or possibly it's the time of year, but it all seems to have calmed down a bit since (say) five years ago, and it's much better for it...IMHO.

Saw a group of lads on the 'Buttertubs'..Sunday 17:00 ish.....Lads/KTM's blathered in mud...Anyone here ??.......:nenau

The Dales....STILL a great few days away......:thumb2

Nice one, looks a good trip.
Chris is a really, really top lad. :thumb2

No one from here, only one KTM out with us, and we weren't blathered in mud.

Some good pics there Shaun.
Thanks Chris-- great weekend and group of lads.

We were the KTM 690's

We travelled up from Wiltshire for three days and rode the Dales and around Kendal. Falling off the slippery ford at Gales, don't try it as you will be on your ass!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 278

Back
Top Bottom