2018 gs with TFT display review

May I ask what phone and headset you connect with you tft screen? Thanking you :)

I phone 7 and BMW comms fitted to there Adventure helmet was out most of Tuesday answering calls whilst riding and using the radio love it and it also shows the right amount of Fuel

I phone 7 and BMW comms fitted to there Adventure helmet was out most of Tuesday answering calls whilst riding and using the radio love it and it also shows the right amount of Fuel

Do you wear plugs when riding ? I find the volume too low (even if both iPhone and Nav are turned up to max) with plugs in :(

Do you wear plugs when riding ? I find the volume too low (even if both iPhone and Nav are turned up to max) with plugs in :(

Yes I wear plugs use Alpine with different filters one type is too restrictive so will try the other ones see if its better but thats all I can fault it on the volume level if I can sort that out Im happy

I like the TFT, easier to read that the analogue & every time I start the bike it looks cool as fook! Only done 95miles on it so far so can't offer input as to the connectivity capability yet but I think its great cos its new and has flashy lights & stuff.

I like the TFT, easier to read that the analogue & every time I start the bike it looks cool as fook! Only done 95miles on it so far so can't offer input as to the connectivity capability yet but I think its great cos its new and has flashy lights & stuff.

I have to agree with you GSAHippo!!!!

I did my first ride this morning in the dark, layered up, didn't feel the cold at all! And the LED headlight is amazing!! Even though it was 4 degrees and dark I LOVED my journey to work! :)

...every time I start the bike...

Well... that's the issue... For me and for enough people around to deem it a rather common issue, the display doesnt look cool as fook EVERY time.... Some days, it looks sad and spent like a polished piece of........ coal.

But I concur, when it works, it's the bee's knees :-D

Sorry that was the other thing I meant to mention about this morning's ride in the dark, the screen was so clear and easy to read..... especially the speed, big bright numbers. Perfect. I could see the temp fluctuations of the air as well as tyres, and the time too!!!! A great addition to an amazing bike - albeit with some annoying bluetooth issues.

For me I just disconnected phone from TFT. Sod it, for now!!!

Well... that's the issue... For me and for enough people around to deem it a rather common issue, the display doesnt look cool as fook EVERY time.... Some days, it looks sad and spent like a polished piece of........ coal.

But I concur, when it works, it's the bee's knees :-D

Fuck off, seriously?? If you think that screen is sad & spent you've got a 12" nob & screw swimsuit models! :beerjug:

Putting the bluetooth issues to one side, the screen is FAB and I will take it over any other screen on the market right now, with pleasure! :)

you've got a 12" nob & screw swimsuit models! :beerjug:

Well, I actually am pretty well endowed, if I do say so myself, and Heidi and Gigi say hello, by the way ;-)

Also, i am properly extatic about the quality of the TFT unit! When it works it's stunning and far ahead of anything I have seen so far. It just pains me that it's this flaky without a word nor hint that BMW does anything about it or care at all.

Put a youtube video up! Problem solved.....:D

Actually that's a very good idea!!! I might just take either the Missender Flyer or Baron Von Grumble to post about the issues to get the ball rolling... They both have a new G/S and a sizeable chunck of viewers/traction...

Actually that's a very good idea!!! I might just take either the Missender Flyer or Baron Von Grumble to post about the issues to get the ball rolling... They both have a new G/S and a sizeable chunck of viewers/traction...

Fair shout!!! send us a link matey :)

Hi All, apologies if this has been said before (I'm new here) haven't gone through all 10 pages so I won't waste your time just in case, I'll keep it short.

I have seen (somewhere) I think on a Youtube video that some of the pairing problems "may" be due to the channels being used on certain helmet comms. I have only had my bike 2 days and I have only just managed to learn how to start it, let alone use all the gubbins so I can't honestly say I have had any of these issues or that I have resolved them either.

Apparently it is a good idea to READ the instructions that came with the helmet comms to see if there is a seperate channel designed or recommended specifically for navigation devices and use that one as opposed to the channel used by phones.

Also, the iPhone 6s (in particular) has "issues" with remaining paired with certain devices and in fact will not pair with some at all. I don't know if any of the other iPhones have a similar problem.

That is all.

Back
Top Bottom