Grip warmers issues

RTV

Reaction score
Good day lads,

As the cold weather is approaching I wanted to get my warmers up and running, my right hand side one stopped working properly last year and of course I didn't bother through out the summer.

I took it out, followed the well known instructions on how to check for the contacts, re-solder the wire, etc and sure enough... happy days, back working again.

Now, two days later I found myself with the left one not working. I said, grand... I'll follow the same process and fix the other one BUT the next morning left came back up and right one died again... today I'm back to left not working and right working.

Is there anything that will make that one works and the other doesn't randomly? I'm starting to doubt if my fix was a fix or just a random fluke??

Does anyone know what kind of voltage should I see on the lower and higher setting of each grip, just to make sure I'm getting the right amount of power (if any).

I have fog lights and a GPS connected but both are connected straight to the battery, so they shouldn't affect... bike is 100% standard otherwise.

She's an 08 GS (not adv)

Cheers,
Rami

My grips have never been really hot. LHS no longer works. Right is warm at best. The switch does increase heat so (at least on mine) the issue is grips rather than switch.

Thanks lads, I guess I'll have to open up the switch and see if it's putting out power.

When they work, my grips get really, really hot to the point where I sometimes I have to switch it off if I have the lighter gloves. It's great for the winter gloves!

When they work, my grips get really, really hot to the point where I sometimes I have to switch it off if I have the lighter gloves. It's great for the winter gloves!

Mine have never been that good since I bought the bike. :(

Back
Top Bottom